Has your bike ever hit the ground?

Has your bike ever touched pavement?

• No, my bike has never been dropped, or layed down. It's still a minter.

Votes: 393 36.6%
  • Yes, the side of my bike has touched pavement.

Votes: 681 63.4%

• Total voters

dk2k6

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm the third owner of my fz6 and all three of us have had her down. First owner low sided it, second owner had it knocked over by a car while parked and I tipped it over while putting it on the centerstand

CavDoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Cops woke me up at 3 am (when I lived outside of Philly) to let me know some ******* tried parallel parking on top of my bike. Was in the shop for 5 weeks in July/August, I was not a happy camper...

"Gently set" on the asphalt once when moving it while in flipflops (never even started it) when I slipped on someones trash down into a storm grate...more painful to my body than the bike (not even a scratch!)

Thankfully that's it!

NorcoT

Reaction score
Visit site
4 weeks after I bought my used FZ6 I went outside to move the bike which was parked on the street onto the drive. It was dark I was in a rush and i had forgotten the disc lock was on.. Rolled forward, heard a clunk, put my feet down but lost my balance and laid the bike down :(

Luckily the only damage was some scuffing to the frame crash bung and a snapped foot peg.. and a bruised ego! I've never picked up a bike so quickly in my life.

lindsimo

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I knew it was inevitable and I was right lol. I went down this morning, have only had my bike about a month now. I was pulling into my driveway, angry and distracted because I forgot my id and was going to be late to class. I was trying to pull a u-turn so I didn't have to awkwardly waddle around when it was time to leave again and I just toppled right over. After just laying on the ground for a minute, thinking about how stupid that had been, I got up and my father (who had heard the drop and come running out) helped me pick it up and I was on my way again!

Unfortunately, the clutch crankcase cover and handlebar are both a bit scratched, and I now have a nice little dent in my gas tank. :Im With Stupid:

kawkx500

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought mine used and it has hit the ground once since i owned it. We went away to cedar point for 3 days and it was sitting on the edge of the driveway on the side stand. Well it stormed the first night we left and it fell over from the stand sinking. It layed on its side for the whole 3 days we was gone. Came home, picked it back up ( no damage to the bike at all ) and left it on the center stand for a day in the garage. Smoked like a bitch when i started it back up, cleared up after about 5 minutes, and thats that ... lol

alopez03

Reaction score
Visit site
I tipped my bike once and it was in the most retarded way ever. It was the first day I bought the bike. I went to the dealer to pick up my bike and I started riding out of the dealership. I was kind of far from home and I was kind of lost so I decided to stop in a strip mall to check my phones gps. I stopped and I thought I had put the kickstand all the way out but I didn't. So the bike fell to the side and I had to pick it up. The bike just sustained minor scrathes but in hindsight I probably looked like a retard.

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
Was riding yesterday with my girlfriend on the back when I pulled over on a hill that turned out to be steeper than I thought. Well I was at an angle and couldn't hold the bike up, so I let her down gently. Frame slider saved me from a lot of damage. Ended up just scratching the clutch lever, bar end, left mirror, and driver/passenger footpegs, as well as bending the peg feeler. I'll probably use this opportunity to get a new shorty clutch lever and probably a new footpeg as well.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I laid mine down on the lawn once. But the best story is the bile I almost bought. Was looking at used fizzes and found one on eBay a few towns over. Arranged a test ride of what was supposed to be a perfect bike. Sitting on the street in front of the sellers house, I hear a bike coming down the quiet street. Dude stope at the foot of his driveway apron, kills the engine, and swings his leg over without dropping the stand. Bang down it goes. He offered to reduce the price. Wonder if he ever sold it.

TheDrewFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Dropped mine the first weekend out after buying it. Was filling up the gas tank and started powerwalking it out.. wasn't use to the extra weight and down she went. Scratched the left mirror thank god for frame sliders! Then dropped it literally 30 seconds later trying to park infront of the store part of the station. Friendly biker came out of the store to help me pick it up, said it happens to the best of us lol.

kreed0501

Reaction score
Visit site
Not yet...but it's a little soon to brag. I'm only 6 weeks into this new motorcycle adventure!! But I bought some MotovationUSA framesliders today for the FZ6 so now it's just a matter of time. :shakehead:

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
She has never hit the ground in my ownership. When I got it last year it was in near perfect condition. Later on, I found a crack in the fairing under the right turn signal. So it may have fallen over in grass or something, but I serously doubt it has hit pavement.

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep. The guy that owned it before me bought it for his wife to learn on. She promptly dropped it on both sides -- shallow scratches, non-directional. Not surprisingly, he got a second job as a bike salesman shortly thereafter.

It's my first bike, and I dropped it on its side gently in the grass while taking it up a hill from storage the first time I got it out. I have since repaired some of the (cosmetic) damage.

One of the mods I'd like to do is the Givi engine crash bars. That way when I get serious about touring and learning advanced maneuvers (a la advanced rider course or even more) I don't have to fear doing what needs to be done.

Themadclowns

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes actually, had mine for 5 years now, three months in I did a stoopid and ditched it. Breaking off a corner of three of the plastics costing all of 350 to fix.
Early this year did another stoopid and basically did the same thing to it, replasing the plastics again. theeeen a month later I was t-boned by a van. Scratched a bunch of stuff up and bent the frame rail slider/engine mount bolt on the right side. (got about 4500 for the damages to the bike and gear so its all ok) The bike is a tank! love it. But what do you expect when you put nearly 20k miles on it a year? :BLAA:

Skybow388

Reaction score
Visit site
I was pulling. Into my parking spot turned right and randomly fell over. Scratched bar end mirror and bent foot brake.

2006 faster blue fz6

Argyle

abstract thinker
Reaction score
Visit site
Went down on the left side entering a rotary, maybe 10-15 mph. Thankfully my hard luggage took the majority of the damage. Handlebar got bent, turnsignal and mirror got a little scraping. I have frame sliders on the bike, have since day 1, they didn't even touch the ground. Got new bars, new footpeg - damage wasn't that bad, considering.