Halo projector headlight issue

astrovan2487

Reaction score
Visit site
I just noticed after a short ride tonight that the outside circular bulb on my left side halo headlight is out. I had an issue with the inner bulb going out but found it to just be a bad connection in one of the wiring harnesses. Is this a common issue with these and if the bulbs gone bad then is it replaceable? Seems like most of the bikes I see with these headlights has one side out. They look nice and all but I'm starting to think it's more trouble then their worth:spank:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you sure it's the halo and not the halo transformer or power to the halo transformer?

astrovan2487

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure, I checked for loose connections last night and power to the transformer and that wasnt it. how would I check the transformer, just check for 12v? Thanks!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure, I checked for loose connections last night and power to the transformer and that wasnt it. how would I check the transformer, just check for 12v? Thanks!

Don't check the out put of the transformer with your meter because it's probably high frequency and unknown voltage unless marked. You could hook up the transformer from the other working halo and if it lights you know it's the transformer.

astrovan2487

Reaction score
Visit site
Still cant seem to figure it out, I can't find a manufacturer or model anywhere except a bunch of Chinese and "H4 projector light controller." The converter and ballast on each side dont have anyway of disconnecting them from each other without cutting wires so it dosent look like I can rule out one or the other just the whole converter/ballas assembly. Does anyone recognize this set up so I can figure out the manufacturer and get parts (sorry for the bad quality pics)

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
Still cant seem to figure it out, I can't find a manufacturer or model anywhere except a bunch of Chinese and "H4 projector light controller." The converter and ballast on each side dont have anyway of disconnecting them from each other without cutting wires so it dosent look like I can rule out one or the other just the whole converter/ballas assembly. Does anyone recognize this set up so I can figure out the manufacturer and get parts (sorry for the bad quality pics)

The halo inverter will be separate from the main ballast connection. At least that's how my new headlight is set up. Are you sure the inverter isn't tucked away somewhere you can't see?

I posted a picture below of my setup. This may not help but I figured I would give it a shot.

astrovan2487

Reaction score
Visit site
It may be tucked up in there somewhere, if it is it's hidden really well. Need to check later when I have time. Has anyone tried installing all the components/harnesses into a small project box before? Whoever originally installed mine didnt seem to care much for neatness looks like miles of wires zip-tied and taped together:rolleyes:

astrovan2487

Reaction score
Visit site
I found out what the problem is, The "H4 light controller" box has a crack in the housing by the terminals. When I put pressure on it the halo light on the bad side partially lights up. Anyone know where to get this part?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I found out what the problem is, The "H4 light controller" box has a crack in the housing by the terminals. When I put pressure on it the halo light on the bad side partially lights up. Anyone know where to get this part?

Maybe you can Google the part/manufacturer?