Gym thread- Who is working out? Make that Fazer lighter!

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
I injured myself going crazy with the russian twist and a 45lb plate. Had severe soreness in muscles I didn't know I had and that cost me 2 weeks in rest and recovery.

Back at 100% now and pressed a new PR of 155lbs today. Less than 10lb away from my bodyweight! :rockon:

I hope everyone else is staying with their programs and working towards their goals.

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been on a break for a month or so. Mine and my buddies schedule got too crazy for us to go to the gym(I workout best with a battle). But we're finally back in the gym this week and I'm so happy to be back. Today is leg day :D

n0other

biker wannabe
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm training for around 17 months now, at first with 4 day split and now doing 5 day PHAT split by Layne Norton (simplyshredded) which I love, except in excellent weather because it takes all my sun time after work.

The results are adequate but my diet sucks and I'm still a big noob experimenting with everything. The best advice I could give for others training is to watch your progression with weights and don't hang around the same weight too much, if can't add weight either change the exercise or make sure your form is good.

Better go with less weight but perfect form than being the guy who takes on 350 lbs for squats but goes down like 10 inch. Oh, and don't skip leg day.

Regarding the title of this thread, I recently had to turn the bike in very small area so I had to turn it by grabbing the rails and lifting it. Man this bike is heavy as fck and I was sweating having done that, I also hit it one while walking and it was like hitting a wall (I weight 192 lbs, 5"11) so if turning the bike such way is easy for you or the bike goes down when you walk into it please ignore everything I wrote above! :)

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Pffft. My bike barely knows I'm on her. I'm probably one of the lightest men alive who can lift the weight of a physically fit 180 lb man. I weigh 137 lbs without gear at 5' 7". My wife weighs 105 lbs and when we ride 2-up I understand how you 240 lb guys feel every day! This bike is dirt slow with 240 lbs of rider!

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
My dad gave me good genetics so as long as I don't go on a 6-month beer and ice cream diet, I'm good on weight. General health/fitness/strength/energy/etc is starting to be on my mind now that I'm working my way to the back 9. Haven't lifted weights since college but did take up swimming in early 2011. Fell off the wagon in 2012. Trying to get back into it now. Haven't yet been able to get over the hump yet.

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm training for around 17 months now, at first with 4 day split and now doing 5 day PHAT split by Layne Norton (simplyshredded) which I love, except in excellent weather because it takes all my sun time after work.

The results are adequate but my diet sucks and I'm still a big noob experimenting with everything. The best advice I could give for others training is to watch your progression with weights and don't hang around the same weight too much, if can't add weight either change the exercise or make sure your form is good.

Better go with less weight but perfect form than being the guy who takes on 350 lbs for squats but goes down like 10 inch. Oh, and don't skip leg day.

Regarding the title of this thread, I recently had to turn the bike in very small area so I had to turn it by grabbing the rails and lifting it. Man this bike is heavy as fck and I was sweating having done that, I also hit it one while walking and it was like hitting a wall (I weight 192 lbs, 5"11) so if turning the bike such way is easy for you or the bike goes down when you walk into it please ignore everything I wrote above! :)

Agreed- if the form is bad, you're only cheating yourself.

Pivoting the bike on the kickstand or center stand is easier than lifting the whole tail. Good exercise though! :D

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Today is a good day, for after about 10 months I've finally hit my first big goal: lifting my own body weight on the incline bench press!

I hope others here are still at it and working towards their goals. :rockon:

I was also just pushing the Fazer in the driveway. It's still freaking heavy! :rant::D

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I ain't no spring chicken and last year (my first year on the bike) I was wiped after a long ride. I have been losing weight over the last 2 years but mainly by walking and was not getting much stronger. Started running in jan and dropped another 20 (total of 70 in the 3 years) and the leg/knee/back strength I have added has been wonderful. No weight lifting, just 2 to 3 miles each workday. It is amazing how increasing your fitness level adds to your abilities and enjoyment on the bike.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ain't no spring chicken and last year (my first year on the bike) I was wiped after a long ride. I have been losing weight over the last 2 years but mainly by walking and was not getting much stronger. Started running in jan and dropped another 20 (total of 70 in the 3 years) and the leg/knee/back strength I have added has been wonderful. No weight lifting, just 2 to 3 miles each workday. It is amazing how increasing your fitness level adds to your abilities and enjoyment on the bike.

Well done, sir!! Keep it up! :thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Today is a good day, for after about 10 months I've finally hit my first big goal: lifting my own body weight on the incline bench press!

I hope others here are still at it and working towards their goals. :rockon:

I was also just pushing the Fazer in the driveway. It's still freaking heavy! :rant::D

Nice @ own weight on incline!! 2 years ago, I was lifting heavy on pretty much everything (well.. heavy for me). At 170, I was benching 225 on incline. Here's the thing though.. I'd often be exhausted and in quite a bit of pain.

I've been going relatively light for the past 6 months or so.. I only do push-ups for chest (and only pull-ups for back) .. all kinds of different variations: archer, push-ups with 1-arm/1=leg plank in between each rep, etc.

I actually feel more fit doing this type of routine. :thumbup:

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice @ own weight on incline!! 2 years ago, I was lifting heavy on pretty much everything (well.. heavy for me). At 170, I was benching 225 on incline. Here's the thing though.. I'd often be exhausted and in quite a bit of pain.

I've been going relatively light for the past 6 months or so.. I only do push-ups for chest (and only pull-ups for back) .. all kinds of different variations: archer, push-ups with 1-arm/1=leg plank in between each rep, etc.

I actually feel more fit doing this type of routine. :thumbup:

Thanks. You've achieved a lot more than me then. 170 is my current weight! That's up 20lbs from a year ago.

I'm also doing as many pull-ups as I can- it's a great tight feeling after a good few sets of them.