Guys...It can happen to anybody

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
So one of my best friends was killed last night riding his bike...

I'm speechless...
A 24-year-old Marietta man died Wednesday after the motorcycle he was driving collided head-on with a sport-utility vehicle in Cherokee County, authorities said.

Derrick Ferree was on his motorcycle on Bascomb Carmel Road near Bascomb Springs in Woodstock about 5 p.m. when he crashed into a Lincoln Navigator driven by Giovanni Aragon-Mercado, 19, of Acworth, said Lt. Jay Baker of the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office.
Preliminary investigation indicates the SUV crossed the center line, Baker said.
Ferree was taken to Wellstar Kennestone Hospital, Marietta, where he later died of his injuries, Baker said. Aragon-Mercado was not hurt.
“There was no evidence at the scene to suggest [Aragon-Mercado] was impaired,” Baker said in an email late Wednesday night. “It appears Mercado fell asleep at the wheel. No charges have been filed at this time but are forthcoming.”

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for your loss as well,prayers go out to all. and your right it can happen to anyone...

blu04

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your friend. No matter how careful one is, you just never know what can happen.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for your loss Chevy. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and the family.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, that sucks man. It's a risk we all take, but I doubt any of us would change our hobby.

All, I have to say is that I hope to go doing something I love and that my prayers go out to you and the family.

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your friend. Stories like this make you realize how quickly everything can end and make you appreciate being alive.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh man, I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Hang tough brother.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So one of my best friends was killed last night riding his bike...

I'm speechless...
A 24-year-old Marietta man died Wednesday after the motorcycle he was driving collided head-on with a sport-utility vehicle in Cherokee County, authorities said.

Derrick Ferree was on his motorcycle on Bascomb Carmel Road near Bascomb Springs in Woodstock about 5 p.m. when he crashed into a Lincoln Navigator driven by Giovanni Aragon-Mercado, 19, of Acworth, said Lt. Jay Baker of the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office.
Preliminary investigation indicates the SUV crossed the center line, Baker said.
Ferree was taken to Wellstar Kennestone Hospital, Marietta, where he later died of his injuries, Baker said. Aragon-Mercado was not hurt.
“There was no evidence at the scene to suggest [Aragon-Mercado] was impaired,” Baker said in an email late Wednesday night. “It appears Mercado fell asleep at the wheel. No charges have been filed at this time but are forthcoming.”
I'm so sorry for you mate, anything I can do just send a pm.
May he rest in eternal peace.
RIP

Newbie2011

Reaction score
Visit site
I am so sorry to hear this. People do not realize that every time they get behind the wheel they are driving a 2 ton, metal death machine. This is such a tragedy, my thoughts go out to you and his family.

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear bro.

A good friend of mine passed in a bike accident back when we were 19. It was his fault though :( I feel your pain bro - only time will ease the pain.

Stay strong.