Greetings from New Jersey

Steve F

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All!
I’m from central NJ and considering a new FZ6. I’m also considering a FZ1. I've been on numerous bikes but there's nothing like a Yamaha !

I’ve been riding a 93 Seca II since it was new. It’s a great bike but I’ve outgrown it. It sat neglected for a few years as I became a father twice over. But it’s back on the road now and after considerable repairs it’s running like new. It’s been great riding again but I’m yearning for something new and with more power. I’ll be turning the big Five-Oh in October so I think a new bike will be my present to myself. My wife is cool with it.

A guy in one of the Seca forums recommended this site to me. He was saying the FZ6 is a major improvement in hp and handling. I’d be curious to hear from anyone else who has been on both. Comments anyone?

I’m a cautious and sensible rider. I probably don’t need the extra power of a FZ1. But it is tempting. Perhaps that’s just mid-life crisis talking. I'd love to hear the pros and cons of a FZ6 v.s. a FZ1.

Can anyone recommend an experienced rider training class in NJ ? I took a basic riding class in 93 from ABATE. It was a great to get me started. I figure some advanced skills couldn’t hurt. I looked at a few sites and didn’t find anything reasonably close to home.

So, anyway, I just wanted to say hello and get to know people. Any advice and comments would be most welcome!

Thanks
Steve

Welcome aboard! Glad you found the site! :welcome: Sorry, I can't comment on the Seca or FZ1... haven't ridden either.

What up from Jerzy!! Yeh get something comfortable with good fuel milage...the FZ6 is the way to go. the major problem I had is the seat on long rides over an hour...it will kill your a** . I will get a more comfortable seat but thats my only issue.

take care and greetings from exit 3 :rockon: :welcome:

What up from Jerzy!! Yeh get something comfortable with good fuel milage...the FZ6 is the way to go. the major problem I had is the seat on long rides over an hour...it will kill your a** . I will get a more comfortable seat but thats my only issue.

take care and greetings from exit 3 :rockon: :welcome:

Same here. The FZ6 has plenty of power. I ride the highway everyday to and from work, with no problems what so ever. :welcome:

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

I stopped in at a dealer today. They had 07 models of both the FZ6 and FZ1. Decisions, decisions! But I am leaning towards the FZ6- a little.

Hey Steve, Welcome Aboard and enjoy the forum.
Take a look at the MSF course, I took my class near the DMV in Edison around the Rutgers campus. They offer the basic riders and the advance course for someone like you. They had the intermediate course at one point by no longer offered. I took a chance and did a walk in one friday, unfortunately there were no "no showers" that night but I got lucky the following day. Just google MSF course or Rider's Ed and I'm sure you'll get the info you need.
Again welcome, if you're around my area and see a guy in a yellow ICON helmet well chances are it's me. My FZ6 is blue and loud, thanks to my newly installed TwoBros cans.

Ares

Blue
That's great. I found it from the MSF site. Edison/ Rutgers area is close to me. I live in Sayreville. Looks like the next opening is in Sept. Think I'll sign up.

Glad to see there's lots of Jersey folk here.

Back