Got some questions

DragonLTD

Reaction score
Visit site
First off I am sorry if this has been posted before, I have been searching for a while and haven't found exactly what I am looking for so I thought I would open a new thread. I have an '05 FZ6 that I love, the only thing that I dont really like about it is the sewing machine stock exhaust, I mean it sounds ok when its in my garage or when I get up to like 9k rpms. But other than that it just doesn't sound like I want it to. So I am looking into ehxausts and no big surpirse here I have narrowed it down to either scorpion or two brothers, problem is that every sound clip i find the exhausts sound completely different. For example I can find a clip of a scorpion exhaust that makes me want to go out and buy one right then, but then the next one I hear it sounds like a lawn mower on steroids. Same goes for the two brothers. I know the people that have two brothers love them and the people that have scorpions love them.

So all of this has led me to have alot of questions that hopefully you guys can answer for me:

1) I understand that if I just do the slip on exhaust for either the scorpion or two brothers i do not have to do an ECU reflash, am i correct in my thinking on this?

2) Two Brothers lists a "slip on tube" as one of the items included in their exhaust kit, what is this? Is it a cat replacement pipe or is it something that connects the cat pipe to the cans? Does the scorpion kit include something similar?

3) The two brothers kit comes with a fender eliminator (FE), and is also twice the price of the scorpion kit, am i to belive that i am paying almost $500.00 for an FE kit or are the two brothers exhausts just alot better? Or is it something completley different than what i am thinking?

4) How do you guys like the sound of both systems?

Sorry for such a long post, but I just had alot of questions. Thanks in advance...:thumbup:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure on the Scorps, but I remember reading somewhere here that the Cat eliminator pipe is not included with the kit by Two Bros, but can be purchased separately.

P.S.... the Leo's include the cat elim pipe...lol

You shouldn't need to do anything to the ECU, I just fitted pipes to my '05 (Leo's and they sound great too), it runs great.. A little bit of a backfire under de-celeration, but sounds cool anyway.

:)

ana9307

Reaction score
Visit site
i have a two brothers and i love love love it.. it was easy to install.. the stock exhaust is one big piece.. the two brothers is 3.. one which is probably what ur refering to as the slip on tube.. and the dual exhaust which come separate and u connect them to the tube.. anyway it's way easier than i make it sound.. i got mine off line for $700-$800.. with the fe kit.. but mines carbon fiber.. the aluminum one is cheaper.. i'll see if i can find the site..

ana9307

Reaction score
Visit site
Use Coupon Code: 1010

to apply discount before checkout!

5% discount

Valid September 16 thru October 31st Only.

so that would make it $816 for carbon fiber or titanium and $654.50 for aluminum..

hope this helps..

Last edited:

ana9307

Reaction score
Visit site
two brothers definately rocks!:rockon:

and the videos do it no justice.. my brother was not a fan of two brothers at all until i got mine.. can u guess what he's sporting on his bike.. lol..

good luck.. let me know what u decide..:D

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1) Ibought the CF scorpions off of E-bay for $450 shipped to my house. I am very pleased with them. Dont forget everyone has there own sound, so it might sound great with me but not for you.

2) As far as the ECU, it's your choice. I have the 07 and bought the PC111 and with the PC111 and the scorpions along with the K&N air filter it makes a big difference.

3) Also, the FE kit you can get it on E-bay for less money.

There are so many site's to go and by things.

I also wen't with -1 front and +2 rear sprocket and THAT MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE. That's one mod i say everyone should do.

Again , it's up to you, so i helped a little, and have fun and be safe.