Visit site
Just finished mounting, too bad it is raining :-(

c7b114feabb8f6f0ec533bb33c604723.jpg

7db5ff8815a1919ce6ba42f04b2bfbc1.jpg

f2b49505124056a1c1507dd06a4d4af9.jpg

Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. Sounds awesome too. Even with db killers.
Mounting was a bit tricky it would be straightforward if I only wanted the pipes but I also had the cat eliminator pipe. The problem was the stock cat connects with the headers with a steel seal around the header pipe. While the arrow decat pipe goes on the header pipe without the seal. To remove the seal with knife and some brute force I had to remove the headers too. And I also repainted the cans and had to work a bit with givi mounting stuff so everything took me a couple of hours. But it was worth it. Now all I need is a place to keep my dbkillers with me and pliers to remove or install them when needed.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good!

I think you'll find it a very different machine with those pipes...

As a side note, the last couple of days I've had to ride at sunset, in the direction its hard for other drivers to see you.

A blip or two with the throttle and they know your there. Very rare I have to use the Stebel horn...

Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
I use ear plugs most of the time. I do not use them when commuting to work for a couple of miles (takes me about 10 minutes). To be honest in the city the exhaust is loud but not loud enough to make riding unpleasant. Outside the city, going over 60mph or 100kph wind noise is so strong already that I barely hear the exhaust. I do notice some buzz from the back but that's it. At least the backfire is better ;-)
Been wondering- are there any custom headers? Will they change anything? Just asking