got it!

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
I finnally got my cat eliminator pipe today from pipe city it was only $97 shipped.

coursonap-albums-motorcycle-picture2763-fscn0885.jpg

Ups says my M4 cf should be here tomarrow will post pics when get it.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you going to remove the AIS system? My bike ran like crap with the cat elim pipe but I never bothered removing the ais or syncing the TB's.

simonwb

Back in black
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you going to remove the AIS system? My bike ran like crap with the cat elim pipe but I never bothered removing the ais or syncing the TB's.

:eek: What's an AIS system? So I can't just bung in a cat elim pipe? Without going OTT, what do you recommend to optimise the fitting of a cat elim and slip ons?

Thanks

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
:eek: What's an AIS system? So I can't just bung in a cat elim pipe? Without going OTT, what do you recommend to optimise the fitting of a cat elim and slip ons?

Thanks

The AIS system 'injects' air into the cylinders during the exhaust stroke, and that air goes through the exhaust system and combusts with the unburnt fuel, making that popping noise you hear on deceleration.

Removing the cat converter pretty much makes this system mostly useless and it just causes problems.

Anytime you do a mod like this you should sync the throttle bodies.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
My bike does not have the ais system that is califonia emissions requirements.

It's on all the bikes regardless of state and even country.
Not including it would entail a different valve cover and airbox. None of which exist other than the ones that do have the AIS system.

Look at your valve cover where your spark plugs go. It's the two silver tubes connected to air hoses.

bradms38

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been looking for information on a cat eliminator pipe for my 2007. I currently have a K & N filter, Scorpions, and a power commander. Did you install it yourself? If so how and how long did it take? Also, will I need to have my power commander retuned at the local dealer after installation?

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
Put my new exhaust on today. Without doing anything besides unhooking the battery for a while the bike runs great. I will post pics in new thread tomarrow.