Got a new bike!!

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
Today is a mixed day for me. I had to say goodbye to my beloved
FZ6 but I got to welcome home a new bike. The FZ6, and this forum, have been great. I've gotten a lot of good help and advice from the members here and I hope in some way I was able to help out some others. This truly is the best forum I've ever been apart of. I bought the FZ6 1 year and 3 months ago and had 7580 miles on her when I said good by. I really never thought I would ride that much in one year. It really was a great all around bike, but I wanted to experience something else. I had the bike listed forsale locally for a while and got zero hits, which really suprised me, so I traded it in. I got the bike I originally wanted from day one, but didn't want to start out on it as my first road bike. Got a 2011 Suzuki GSXR 750. This bike is a night and day difference between the FZ. The throttle response is unreal, and the intake growl is deafaning. I put an exhaust on the 6 cause it was so quiet but it's unreal how loud the intake is on the 750. The bike is suprisingly comfy. Out of all the sportbikes suzuki's have the best ergo's. I just want to adjust the rearsets to their lowest position and I'll be good. Well sorry for the long winded post. I'll continue to be a regular visitor, this place is too good just to up and leave. Any who, here are some pics..

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

and the last pic of the fz6
sale003.jpg

sale002.jpg

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful bike! Be careful until you get used to the difference.
And don't be a stranger!! :D

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
:squid: :squid: :squid: :eek: :eek: :eek: :ban: :BLAA:.............. Just yankin' your chain :thumbup: nice looking bike mate , have fun :rockon:

Ha I felt like a squid when I was leaving the store....I stalled the bike 3 times in a row when I was leaving. The clutch action is waaaayyyy different than the 6. You squeeze the clutch in a click it in gear and as soon as you start to let out the lever it grabs. And if you don't give it any gas it'll stall. Took me a while to get used to it. Oh and the dual brembo front brakes will stop on a dime but the rears seem pretty weak.

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome new bike, congrats!

Loving the subtle use of CF, under the dash and on the tail..very nice

Last edited:

PVFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet bike. I hope you enjoy it, thats one of the bikes I have been lusting over :rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I almost bought one and would have but I got a deal for the same price on the R1. The 750 is an awesome ride! Congratulations!!!:rockon:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike. They are making the GSX-R look a bit more subtle now, good to see that.

I would never own a "Gixxer" for the reason that every squid ever born wants that bike. I would spend the extra bones for an R1 or even a CBR if I ever go for a true sport bike.

Have fun with it!

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
congrats... the 6 was a real pretty bike, but the gixer looks good too.. give us a review of how it rides when you get a few more miles on it.. long term updates are really nice as well :thumbup: