Google Glass

BajaBob

Reaction score
Visit site
Today I got invited to join the Google Glass program, which obviously leads to the next question, what can I develop to aid the motorcycle community while riding?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Real time gps I don't know how hard it would be to ride and look at the glass screen maybe that's a terrible Idea

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Today I got invited to join the Google Glass program, which obviously leads to the next question, what can I develop to aid the motorcycle community while riding?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Possibly just a rear view mirror and speedo?

Nelly

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it worth doing google glass spin offs? I don't think the google glass itself would be appropriate for riding (too small, to close in, probably really distracting). But using the same tech on a visor to give you a HUD of bike info, and a small satnav display. Maybe even danger avoidance info like mentioned above. But I think on the visor would be a better option than glasses.

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
What's google glass? You can conduct an online search wearing glasses?

http://www.google.co.uk/glass/start/what-it-does/

It lets you do all the "modern crap" people do, hands free, and beams the info onto a glass lens. So you can take video, pictures etc as post them to the web by lookin at stuff. You can search for directions and have them displayed as an overlay of the real world. If you need flight info, train info, weather info, traffic info, it can all be displayed on the glasses.

DeepBlueRider

Reaction score
Visit site
I know it's not while riding, but I was thinking about an AR maintenance guide/how to.

Little bit of brainstorm on the idea. Probably hard to do, but it would be cool if app would be able to detect where are you looking at and display torque values for nuts&bolts in augmented reality thing. You're looking at the fork and you see numbers next to bolts.

Just loud thinking :)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What it Does ? Google Glass

It lets you do all the "modern crap" people do, hands free, and beams the info onto a glass lens. So you can take video, pictures etc as post them to the web by lookin at stuff. You can search for directions and have them displayed as an overlay of the real world. If you need flight info, train info, weather info, traffic info, it can all be displayed on the glasses.

Seems like a stupid idea to me, I hate wearing glasses, even sunglasses from the first place. It sucks, I have to wear reading glasses now that I'm getting old.