Goodbye FZ6, Hello Monster S2R 1000

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
My interest in style of motorcycles has been increasingly getting the best of me over the last year or so, so I've decided to put the FZ6 up for sale, but not before I purchased my next bike. I recently came across a minty 07 DUCATI Monster S2R 1000. I was close to going naked with the fz, but opted out and and went completely in another direction. How is the DUCATI if you're wondering? Well I've been off the bike for 2 hours now and I still can't wipe the grin off my face!

humanAfterAll

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought my FZ6 two weeks ago (my first bike), but I would love to upgrade to a Ducati Monster someday aswell. A Triumph or Motoguzzi would also be acceptable haha.

Congrats on the new, awesome ride! :thumbup:

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
You know after reading my original post I have to do a follow up on the riding experience of the monster. There is more than the Wow factor to this bike, it's similar in seAt height to the fz, a bit more aggressive riding position, though nowhere near uncomfortable. May be similar to riding position with the fz1 bar swap. Completely different riding experience though. The duc is more mechanical if that makes sense, there's a lot more rumble and vibration that simply put, makes the fz seem like your're riding in a Cadillac. What I really notice is though is how much more in tune I feel with the road, undoubtedly due to the adjustable suspension, lighter weight, and riding position. Power is very manageable, nothing scary. Overall, a very good and exciting riding experience. With about a full day of riding on the monster, I'd say it was a fairly comfortable transition. They're two completely different bikes. There's no going back now, I want this bike in my garage for the next 15 years.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Had a similar smile the first time i got on a zzr 1200.... got off my rebel 250 and hopped on the zzr.... insane acceleration (expecially compared to a rebel), any gear if you get on the throttle too hard the fronts coming up....got off the bike and i literally said out loud, "I don't know if that should be legal or not!" lol.... Nice upgrade, glad you like it, looks like a nice bike,. Pop your head in to the forum every now and again though! :thumbup:

Chupacabra

College Graduate??
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the S2R! You will definitely appreciate the raw qualities that bike has especially in comparison to the FZ6.