Goodbye FZ6, Hello FZ8N!

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
The one thing that I thought would never happen, actually DID happen today.
I sold my precious FZ6 to the dealership and I baught a brand new FZ8 naked. And I only had to give 3500€ (catalog price 9090€)

So that was an one time offer I could not resist.

The reason that the price of the FZ8 went down is because it's in blue colour and without ABS. And those did't sell that good. Yamaha has 6 bikes left in their 2011 stock that they want to get rid of. and tataa, I bought a brand new blue FZ8 Naked (no abs)

fz6: 2004 / 40.000km => worth 3090€
FZ8: 2011 / 0 km

financially, it was a no brainer, but sentimentally, I had to make a difficult choise.
I put alot of love and effort in my FZ6, and it has served me 40.000 problem-free km's.
But for 3500€ I get a new FZ8 with 3years of warranty, I let go of the sentiment and went for it.

R.I.P FZ6, I will miss you.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new ride! The 6 isnt dead, she's just going to another rider:thumbup:

You know the drill about pics...:BLAA:
Oh, and we hope you still hang around:rockon:

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Congrats on the new ride! The 6 isnt dead, she's just going to another rider:thumbup:

You know the drill about pics...:BLAA:
Oh, and we hope you still hang around:rockon:

Thanks motojoe122,

Yes, the drill pics where a nice example of an amateur at work :D

I will still keep one eyeball on this forum. It has helped me alot in the past with advice and information. Thanks to everybody in the FZ6-forum-family :)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations on your new ride Bram :cheer:

Stick around and don't be a stranger (although I don't know if the FZ8 forum is as friendly as this one ;))

Nice bike, only that exhaust just looks out of place (after the FZ6's).

Last edited:

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Congratulations on your new ride Bram :cheer:

Stick around and don't be a stranger (although I don't know if the FZ8 forum is as friendly as this one ;))

Thanks Cloggy!

Funny that you mention the friendly-part :p
I just tried registering for the FZ8 sister-site, and I got an error, saying that I am a spammer or something like that and that i cannot be registered :D

How's that for a start :BLAA:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 where's the pictures.......

I think you made a great decision. How is the seat comfort compared to the FZ6?

Neil

Last edited:

PPieter

Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations on the purchase, nice one Bram! Too bad your dealer is in the other part of the country. Otherwise I would have gone and take a look for a swap my self ;).

At look at it from the bright side: besides a perfectly new bike, you can have to fun of adjusting everything all over again :p

By the way, if you are using your motorbike for commuting you can even subtract the VAT, another 21% saved.

Daniel_Aus

Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ8 looks awesome! I like the exhaust too.

I am interested to know how it compares to the FZ6 - in power, handling and feel.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations on the purchase, ..........

By the way, if you are using your motorbike for commuting you can even subtract the VAT, another 21% saved.

I'm so jealous of you guys getting tax free bikes and gear, I guess I should move south of the border ;)

n0other

biker wannabe
Reaction score
Visit site
Gorgeous bike! Makes no sense to me that this wouldn't sell, good luck with it. And 3k EUR is crazy good deal trading in an 04.

jspansel

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Cloggy!

Funny that you mention the friendly-part :p
I just tried registering for the FZ8 sister-site, and I got an error, saying that I am a spammer or something like that and that i cannot be registered :D

How's that for a start :BLAA:

Hey Bram.. Congrats! I am an Admin on the FZ8 site (JSP over there). I will look into figuring out why you cannot register (if you still cannot). PM me your email addy and the username you want and I will see about manually setting you up.

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
After i put some km's on the bike, i Will write a little review with a comparisation to the fz6.

Power related stuff Will come later, since i have to break in the engine.

I just hope That winter in belgium Will end soon. Next week again 3 degrees Celsius, And freezing at night! :eek: