Good Price (Pounds) for a Scorpion...

Puz

Reaction score
Visit site
A beefier exhaust note is the mission for my first mod to my 08 FZ6. My question is, what should I be paying for it.

I've found a Scorpion Exhaust for 307.99 (UK Squids) which looks like a bargain. it's 40 more for an oval one... What part of it is oval just out of interest???

Also it's 470 for the Carbon Oval version... Is it worth the extra for this?

Excuse all the amateur-ish questions but that's exactly what I am! :D

Peace.

Puz

dungog

Reaction score
Visit site
Seastar superbikes seem to have the best price I have found so far.

Scorpion Exhausts UK, Scorpion Race Cans and Road Legal Exhausts at Seastar

Stainless round for £295 or stainless oval for £330 or carbon oval for £450.

Although the carbons look cool they have the tendancy to yellow over time due to heat damage, although this happens very slowly your paying £120 more for a slightly different look, it's up to you whether its worth it.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Great post dungog,

but does anyone have any information on the shape of the exhaust. I dont get the whole round and oval business (ok they're shapes!! :p)...what looks best on our bike???

Dungog, Thank's a million for that link, their company is just brilliant, a great price! :) I'll be ordering from them when I can! :)

Last edited:

dungog

Reaction score
Visit site
does anyone have any information on the shape of the exhaust. I dont get the whole round and oval business (ok they're shapes!! :p)...what looks best on our bike???

I've been trying to find pictures of round exhausts on an FZ for a while now but i can't find any!

As far as i am aware everyone chooses the ovals as they fill the space much better. I hope to be getting some for myself by easter :)

only if you keep the cat ..the system runs soooo much cooler with a decat

What effect does removing the cat have on emissions? will the bike fail an mot without it?

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the jury is out on that one..the bike comes with 2 cats so im assuming it will still pass ( afterall leo vince cans come with the de-cat pipe as part of their kit)

EDIT: it appears bikes dont get tested for emissions...the exhaust system gets inspected for sharp edges and DB levels are usually at the testers discretion .

Last edited:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
EDIT: it appears bikes dont get tested for emissions...the exhaust system gets inspected for sharp edges and DB levels are usually at the testers discretion .
Yup, that's what my dealers told me too. Although my Scorpion decat pipe came with a note that said it invalidated the e-mark on the end cans. Also, the extra volume it added may make it too loud to pass. Mine is definitely quite a bit louder, although not as loud as the Scorpions with the cat in and the DB-killers out (luckily).

Bagzter

Reaction score
Visit site
A beefier exhaust note is the mission for my first mod to my 08 FZ6. My question is, what should I be paying for it.

I've found a Scorpion Exhaust for 307.99 (UK Squids) which looks like a bargain. it's 40 more for an oval one... What part of it is oval just out of interest???

Also it's 470 for the Carbon Oval version... Is it worth the extra for this?

Excuse all the amateur-ish questions but that's exactly what I am! :D

Peace.

Puz

not sure which mine are tbh... but they look good and sound great:rockon:

cant remember how much i paid now, but i got them from an ebay shop. ordered them on a monday evening and they turned up wednesday morning!:D

Happy J

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys

I have purchased a set of scorpoin exhausts the same as in the above picture.

I think they cost me about £350 including dealer fitting.

Not only do they make the bike look so much better they are worth there weight in gold.

They sound incredible and if you really want to deafen your neighbours take out the DB killers. Christ they are unbelievable then. However I think this could cause you a run in with the Law. I do seem to get a few backfires but no major probs other than that. The bike runs well.

These are the only mod I have made to my bike (other than crash bungs)and they are worth every penny.

Yes there are a number of other systems on the market and most are more expensive but these are the nuts.

Buy and enjoy. Your bike will soon be turning heads!!!!

Jason

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine are the same as Bagzter's too.
Not sure if they're classed as oval or round :confused:
Never had the baffles in mine and it sounds like a WW2 bomber.

(the missus makes me push it to the end of the drive before I start it up!) :D

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Alright so regarding the above photographs by bagzter, they look round to me. Now does anyone have photographs of the oval exhausts looking directly at them from the rear of the bike. I would like to see the amount of space between the exhausts and the black rim that would normally hug the stock exhausts below the light.

Thanks!! :) I'm seriously considering getting these exhausts after Happy J's post. I can save up bit by bit for the stainless ones...have a wedding to pay for first!!!

dungog

Reaction score
Visit site
The above photo is of the round scorps.

This is what the ovals look like from behind, they are mounted on the side to best fill the space.

Can't wait to get mine :D

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
The above photo is of the round scorps.

This is what the ovals look like from behind, they are mounted on the side to best fill the space.

Can't wait to get mine :D
They look familiar! :D Man! I cannot believe how shiny my cans used to be! I need to get some decent metal polish on there.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Not being biased (Honest :D)

But the ovals look kinda odd.The way the exhasts face out looks like they belong on another bike that hasn't got underseat exhausts :confused:

My Duke 2 had Scorpion ovals,but the outlets were central,as if they had been made for an underseat system.

Puz

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the comments guys, much appreciated :)

Before I could hit the purchase button for the Scorps a 'as-good-as-new' Mivv can off my buddy was made available so I snapped it up. Happy days. Can't wait to get it fitted!

Andy Mc

Reaction score
Visit site
Im still stuck on which ones to buy. What do you guys think looks the best on the fz6 oval or round? i first thought oval buuuut round is looking better now aaaahh so confused!