Going to CA SB school on BMW's S1000!

Caz

Reaction score
Visit site
Check the insurance waiver!..... ;)

I looked at a track bike in Perth recently, @ $400 for the day - only problem was AUS$4,000.00 that was taken out of your credit card prior to riding. Didn't like that too much, especially since I could buy a track bike for that !

I'm in the same boat.
I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a repairable writeoff at work.
The boys can fix it up for me on the cheap.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Track School is beneficial to everybody - no doubt. But $2000 + is a little steep for me. I have to agree with Wavex on this one. I'm gonna do my first track day - beginner group - to see how it goes for me. If I decide later on to cough up $2000 (man that's a lot of money; money that could potentially go towards a new bike) I'll take the track school.

Once the throttle is cracked on. It is rolled on evenly, smoothly, and constantly throught the remainder of the turn.

- Keith Code, A Twist of the Wrist II

autobahn70

Reaction score
Visit site
Per the website I posted:

»Thu & Fri, Mar 25 & 26, Las Vegas • click to register via MotorsportsReg.com | Official MMPSchools Registration Provider

»Wed & Thu, Apr 21 & 22, Willow Springs Raceway • registration coming soon

»Fri & Sat, May 7 & 8, Carolina Motorsports Park • registration coming soon

»Tue & Wed, May 18 & 19, New Jersey • SOLD OUT

»Thu & Fri, Jun 10 & 11 • click to register via MotorsportsReg.com | Official MMPSchools Registration Provider

»Mon & Tue, Aug 16 & 17 • click to register via MotorsportsReg.com | Official MMPSchools Registration Provider

»Mon & Tue, Sep 20 & 21 • click to register via MotorsportsReg.com | Official MMPSchools Registration Provider

So they're going around...

After taking this riding school I will most likely do track days (PA and NJ mainly) but I thought that starting off on the right foot by going to a school would be my best option. Especially since the one day is only $675 which seems reasonable to me. Thanks for the links

autobahn70

Reaction score
Visit site
So, even though BYOB sounds cheaper when you factor in the tires, transportation costs of getting your bike there, gas and the hassle, it often ends up being the same price as renting a bike from us.Misti

I thought about riding my own bike but these were my thoughts as well. Some day id like to have a dedicated track bike of sorts.

How's the gear that they rent? Like I said, hopefully Im gonna continue track riding as a hobby so Ill have to buy my own gear eventually. Am I better off buying my own first or is the gear that they rent decent? (Tax returns... nows a good time to buy)

Misti

Reaction score
www.mistihurst.com
Track School is beneficial to everybody - no doubt. But $2000 + is a little steep for me. I have to agree with Wavex on this one. I'm gonna do my first track day - beginner group - to see how it goes for me. If I decide later on to cough up $2000 (man that's a lot of money; money that could potentially go towards a new bike) I'll take the track school.

Once the throttle is cracked on. It is rolled on evenly, smoothly, and constantly throught the remainder of the turn.

- Keith Code, A Twist of the Wrist II

Again, the $2000 you guys are talking about is for our premier 2-day camp. CSS also has other options that aren't so expensive and that are just as popular. You can do a 1-day school on the new BMW's for 675.00 or you can ride your own bike for $450.

Autobahn70,

The school gear is good! They have helmets, boots, leathers and gloves available. A lot of guys like to try our gear first before buying their own. It's up to you :)

Misti

peterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Again, the $2000 you guys are talking about is for our premier 2-day camp. CSS also has other options that aren't so expensive and that are just as popular. You can do a 1-day school on the new BMW's for 675.00 or you can ride your own bike for $450.

Autobahn70,

The school gear is good! They have helmets, boots, leathers and gloves available. A lot of guys like to try our gear first before buying their own. It's up to you :)

Misti

Hi Misti

I'm a fairly new rider (less then 500 miles in the saddle) but I'm interested in taking a class to improve. How much experience would you recommend I get before I take the class?

Also is there a certain speed I should be comfortable at before I take the class?

Last edited:

Misti

Reaction score
www.mistihurst.com
Hi Misti

I'm a fairly new rider (less then 500 miles in the saddle) but I'm interested in taking a class to improve. How much experience would you recommend I get before I take the class?

Also is there a certain speed I should be comfortable at before I take the class?

There is no set speed that you should be comfortable with or amount of time or experience that you need before you take the class as long as you are comfortable with the basic controls of the bike. If you can shift and brake and start and stop the bike without putting too much of your attention on those tasks then you will be fine with the class.

Level one works for very very new riders like yourself and for experienced riders and all speeds. I personally would rather see you come to the school sooner rather than later so that you don't develop any really bad habits out there that become harder to undue and so that you have the best possible understanding of the skills and techniques that will enable you to ride at your best and safest.

You will love it!

Let me know if you have any more questions :)

Misti