Gixxer 1000 is the new name of the game ;) Small comparison to the FZ6.

Corsara

Reaction score
Visit site
My 2005 FZ6 was replaced by a 2003 GSXR 1000 last week. I've managed to put about 1000km already on the new machine, and I'm quite happy. I do miss my FZ6, but mainly for the fact that I was so used to it.

So, here's a small and fast comparison of the main points:

Comfort: the Gixxer came with 1 inch raised Helis, so to tell you the truth---it's not uncomfortable. Maybe the first day or so, but after that I got used to it.

Maneuverability: I was really used to the FZ6, but even the first ride I had on the Gixxer surprised me---the bike seemed to go like it's on tracks---wherever I look, it goes that way. As compared to my fresh memory of the FZ6, it was like the FZ6 was dancing in a cloud. Note: I had .95kg/m2 RaceTech springs on the FZ6, so it was not stock...still, nowhere compared to the sportbike!

Power: my FZ6 had a -1 tooth on the front, Leo Vince exhaust, K&N filter---I would say it was quite peppy and fast. So here comes the surprise: the 1000cc didn't feel like it was tremendous difference in power! Well, it's much more, yes. You can power-wheelie in 1st and 2nd effortlessly---yes. But is it a day and night difference---I don't think so. Quite manageable and smooth. Contrary to everything I've read before, everyone saying how "brutal" the 1000cc power is. Well, I wouldn't call it brutal... or maybe my wrist is just too scared to twist the throttle like I used to do on the FZ6, I don't know.

Perception of speed: I had the FZ6 pushed to 206km/h once (even had a video of that). Worth noting that just an hour ago, on the Gixxer, I was "leisurely" entering the highway on the on-ramp, and I glance down: 211 km/h. Holy watermelon, you can't feel the speed on the sportbike! On the FZ6 I was scared...on the Gixxer---I didn't know i was moving that fast.

So, that's it folks :) Please, do ask me questions if you want. I'd love to share.

PS. Yes, I kissed my FZ6 for real when I left it in the dealership. Later I passed by the place, and didn't look over...I didn't want to see the bike standing there in the lot with the other bikes. I was sad.