Givi touring windscreen for 2006

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the GIVI D136ST Yamaha FZ6 (04-06) Windshield for touring.
Sweet!? I dunno, read on....

So it's obviously taller than the stock windscreen.
Do you call it windshield or windscreen? I never know....
There's some molding at the top.
Seems glued on there. Seems secure. It would look better without it, though....

attachment.php

The screen has a bubble in the middle and a lip that curls upwards towards the top.

attachment.php

Hard to believe how clean this is. That will soon change.
I am a bug killer on assault.
attachment.php

Lined up (kinda) with the stock screen.
attachment.php

You can see the lip on the Givi screen.
attachment.php

THIS WINDSCREEN IS MADE IN ACRYLIC MATERIAL ... ok
The sun exposure warning leaves me confused, hurt, angry...

attachment.php

These brackets are supplied for the mirror covers. No biggie.
Don't over torque your bolts here they are super soft!
Thx yamaha! :rolleyes:
attachment.php

You can see the mirror cover isn't really flush with the screen now. Hope this is ok in the rain. Thanks Givi! :rolleyes:
attachment.php

Installation was easy. Just swap the screen with the old one.
I did have to remove the 2 strips of rubber that was on the stock screen where it fits above the lights.
I hope the Givi screen doesn't vibrate a lot or loosen. It seems pretty secure. No less jiggly than the stock screen. I had to hold the screen down and muscle it into position while tightening all the bolts.

I went for a ride. I am 5'8". I don't ride the bike like a crotch rocket. I like the standard/upright riding position, thank ye very much.
There's some turbulence right above my head. It's like teeth shattering.
I wear earplugs so i don't care about noise. I couldn't really tell the difference in noise. A lot of the wind on my chest was gone. So much that when I tuck in and put my stomach on the tank like an R6 rider, I get almost no wind. I could hear my bike run like never before. Pretty cool. But not the position i'm commonly in.
When in the standard riding position, I think there's more strong air towards the top of my helmet. A lot less below, but the air at the top is quite powerful. Also, I feel somewhat powerful wind on my sides, above my shoulders.
Is this better ? I dunno. I would have to slab it for an hour down 270 across the beltway and go see goker or something down in VA. That's a lot for a Marylander to do. If my neck doesn't hurt, well then we have a wiener.
Hopefully I don't crack a tooth doing so.

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I went through exactly same thing with my aftermarket screen (Puig double bubble on a 07).
It was an improvement over stock because it allowed me to lean down at speed and make the wind completely disappear, but in normal riding position the turbulence was pretty bad.
Having ridden few cruiser and streetfighters, I am now convinced that for 95% of my riding (< 60mph), screenless is just better.