Givi setup

arcata2

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking to purchase a Givi top case and maybe side cases. I have looked at the Givi site and twisted throttle and am pretty confused. I want the smallest top case that will fit 2 full face Shoei helmets and it appears that the V46 is the ticket. Does it actually fit 2 full face? Can anyone confirm that? Also what mounting hardware do I need? I have stock exhaust. Other than the full front faring my bike is a stock 2007 FZ6. I'd really value some help.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
i'm guessing the v46 would do that. i have the e52 and it easily holds my helmet and jacket. the helmet doesn't take up the "full" halfway mark in the truck.

and you'll need to mount this to your bike to carry the trunk. it's not that hard to install.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have a v46 that came with my new bike..ive not had reason to use it yet , but if no one else can confirm about the 2 helemts i will physically check in the morning. as for mounting hardwear i havent a clue. im sure my honda setup is miles off the FZ6 setup

Hillbilly

Reaction score
Visit site
I am in the process of mounting a V46 top case and V35 side cases on my 09. I bought the mounting brackets at the same time from Givi. I tried 2 full face helmets in the top case and they would NOT fit. On second thought as I write this, I only tried them in an upright position. Maybe if I had tried them on their sides....:confused:
Anyway, they where both HJC full face helmets.
BTW, when I said "In the process" I've had a fair bit of trouble with it because some of the bolts and other small hardware were missing (on order now) and the instructions for re-mounting the turn signals on the spacer brackets were not very clear. It should all be cleared up by next weekend and I'll post some pics.
I will be very happy with this set-up once it's done. :thumbup:

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking to purchase a Givi top case and maybe side cases. I have looked at the Givi site and twisted throttle and am pretty confused. I want the smallest top case that will fit 2 full face Shoei helmets and it appears that the V46 is the ticket. Does it actually fit 2 full face? Can anyone confirm that? Also what mounting hardware do I need? I have stock exhaust. Other than the full front faring my bike is a stock 2007 FZ6. I'd really value some help.

Here is a link to picture of V46 with 2 full face Arai Quantum 2 helmets.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/17874-givi-v35-v46-case-install-all-trimmings-using-givi-racks-yamaha-fz6-2008-a.html

However, if you put something on your helmet (like brackets for chatterbox), they will stop fitting. It is really tight with two full face in V46.

I am in the process of mounting a V46 top case and V35 side cases on my 09. I bought the mounting brackets at the same time from Givi. I tried 2 full face helmets in the top case and they would NOT fit. On second thought as I write this, I only tried them in an upright position. Maybe if I had tried them on their sides....:confused:
Anyway, they where both HJC full face helmets.
BTW, when I said "In the process" I've had a fair bit of trouble with it because some of the bolts and other small hardware were missing (on order now) and the instructions for re-mounting the turn signals on the spacer brackets were not very clear. It should all be cleared up by next weekend and I'll post some pics.
I will be very happy with this set-up once it's done. :thumbup:

Same link has install instructions for GIVI install as well.

Last edited:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the Yamaha Topbox/Rack recently, and there is plenty of room for my Shoei plus jacket, gloves and a small bag.
It could probably fit a second helmet in, and almost a jacket, although I know some helmets are deeper than the Shoei.

Just chucking that in since I thought the Givi mount was pretty ugly.

arcata2

Reaction score
Visit site
Right on Goker. Thank you so much for all your work on the step by step. I'm sure it will be most helpful as I put mine together as I am getting the same set up as you. THANKS!

neos

Intermediate rider
Reaction score
www.facebook.com
Hi there,
I was considering a Givi as well but found an original yamaha 44L which turns out is made by Givi but at a fraction of the price. Mine fits two full face helmets and a bit more.

Good luck

Hillbilly

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a link to picture of V46 with 2 full face Arai Quantum 2 helmets.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/17874-givi-v35-v46-case-install-all-trimmings-using-givi-racks-yamaha-fz6-2008-a.html

However, if you put something on your helmet (like brackets for chatterbox), they will stop fitting. It is really tight with two full face in V46.

Same link has install instructions for GIVI install as well.
Thanks, I wish I had seen this sooner, but oh well I struggled through and got the same results.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
a good picture at the moment, but you can click on my garage to see a poor quality picture taken at night. will take a front and back picture when i am free..