Getting ready for a new 1400 mile ride

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
I would recommend taking a change of shoes. I don't know about you, but after a long day in the saddle (and riding boots) I want something else on my feet. I guess it's a woman thing, but that's my 2 cents. My hubby takes care of all that stuff. I now have the first aid kit in my tail bag. We did get a new large duffle bag that straps to his passenger seat we plan to put rain gear in and gear liners (pants & jackets).

We are heading out of Reno in 2 weeks to head to Canada too. 8 days and 2200+ miles (planned). We are heading up central Oregon/Washington ending up in Ana Cortes to take the ferry to Victoria. Riding around there for a day then taking ferry back to Port Angeles. Heading home mostly along the coast. Coming back 299 probably. Avioiding I-5 at all costs. I'm sure we will end up on it some, but plan to miminize it as much as possible.

I have a new to me 2006 Triumph Sprint ST. We did a 350 mile ride with a VFR group from SF Bay Area yesterday to test my new bike before the big ride. Those guys travel fast. I couldn't keep up but they were nice and stopped to wait for us. Hubby was nice and stayed with me. I was pushing it, but my skill level just isn't equal to them, but I ride my own ride.