Getting my 2007 FZ6

fz6.george

Reaction score
Visit site
Whilst I don't know the exact methodology, I believe you can change the from MPH / KPH by pressing button s on the speedo.

I try to search on the manual but it seem they don't have any instruction how to change the MPH to KPH. Did anybody try to do it, need your assistance ;)

Roboco

Reaction score
Visit site
Back to the original topic at hand....I got the bike TODAY! Woke up this morning and had everything planned out. The shop opened at 9 so I would leave at 8:30 or so to get there right at 9. 8:30 this morning...pouring rain. I tried to go with the KLR (had to trade it in), but by the time I got around the block I was completely drenched. On a scale from 1-10 for being upset I was about an 8! I came back home and waited and watched the weather radar to make my move. It hadnt rained on a Saturday morning for 4 months here in SW Florida but it did today!!
To make a long story short, I made it to the shop (wet) and the rain had stopped. We did all the paperwork while the bike was being set up. The mechanic rode the blue beast around to the front for me to take. It then started to pour. My first ride on the new bike was 20 miles in the pouring rain down I-75. It rained all day but boy do I feel great having her in the garage ready to go!!!!! Hopefully tomorrow I can ride all day!

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
I try to search on the manual but it seem they don't have any instruction how to change the MPH to KPH. Did anybody try to do it, need your assistance ;)

I don't know if it's in the manual or not, but if I push and hold the select button, the display changes to from mph to kph (or vice versa). My bike is an '07, but I would assume that Yamaha would have made that a standard feature.

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
I just tried that on my '07 and it didn't change. I'm assuming you depress the "select" button after it's on and not before then turning it on.

Not before turning the key, but it worked when the bike was running or not.

- turn key to on, then hold select button for ~ 1 sec, display changes to km/h.
- turn key to on, start engine, then hold select button for ~ 1 sec, display changes to km/h.

I can take a picture if you like (but you'll have to guide me through posting it).