geartronic zero gear indicator kit

andyd1701

Reaction score
Visit site
hi has anyone fitted one of these. The advert for this said plug and play but the instructions are in badly translated English from Italian. Any help would be appreciated thanks

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
hi has anyone fitted one of these. The advert for this said plug and play but the instructions are in badly translated English from Italian. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Do a search here on the forum.

If its the same kit someone else posted here, its NOT A TRUE plug and play. Some splicing to the factory harness is required after finding specific wires...:(

Haven't found a TRUE, Plug and Play kit ANYWHERE for the FZ..

tazakos

Reaction score
Visit site
There cant be a true plug n play kit because our bike doesnt have a gps (gear position sensor) plug to hack the signal from.
Just bought a gipro from healtech and realised that :(

Now i am searching for the wires to tap it on.:eek:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The gpro is dead easy to fit --- you'll be right

my iPhone post using Tapatalk - sorry for any shpillong mishtooks i has fat fingies

tazakos

Reaction score
Visit site
just fitted it,but maybe i messed sth up.

i followed the wire colour directions bd43 gave on http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/15589-fz6-gear-indiactor.html?highlight=GEAR+INDICATOR

1.tapped gipro-red to the red-white with brown dots (switched 12v)
2.tapped gipro-white to white-yellow (according to bd43s pic SPEEDO)
3.tapped gipro-green to Gray with dots (according to bd43s pic TACH)
4.tapped gipro-black to the black thick wire (ground)

Happy that i am ready i turned the bike on, the "L" started flashing and according to the instructions for programming it is supposed to learn idre rpm flashing faster and then ask for gear "1".
Unfortunately that never happens, the "L" is flashing slowly forever. If i turn the wheel by hand or start the bike a bar "-" starts rotating around the screen. If i stop and go to neutral, "L" comes back slowly flashing.

Any ideas?

Bassieh

Dark Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the GIpro 2 weeks ago. Was supplied with instructions. There it said that with the faster flashing 'L' you can just start driving. I found it learns the gears better by putting the bike on the centerstand, and when it flashes put it in 1st. Raise RPMs a bit. When it then flasher faster shift up and go through all the gears like this. After 6th you can turn the bike off and that's it.

Bassieh

Dark Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site
Still have the instructions:

ec83879d315961e592b23da16bcb666f.jpg

e0d197ecd385edd6ac1270231a81b6d1.jpg

93eddfd24d099b2fb841bd75a0f65c50.jpg

tazakos

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks man, i have the instructions to program it, what i didnt have was that:

http :/ / www . healtech-electronics.com/docs/Supplementary%20Manuals/GPX-Y01_FZ6S_2004-2010_en.pdf

i emailed healtech and they gave it to me. I am making the corrections tomorrow to my taps.

owen101

Reaction score
Visit site
Just for ref, just finished the install of a PZ GT400 PZRacing GearTronic 2 Indicator. Bit of tidy to do but works well and is a very good quality product. Instructions provided were easy enough to follow, only hassle was making the lead a bit longer to reach ecu. Oh and there's a good earth on the handle bar bolts which you will need when calibrating the 1st time.

CAM00694.jpg~original

Posi-taps on ecu
CAM00695.jpg~original

Ignition Start
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OLoa3RBlV8