GAS is going up what are you paying

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Gas station was 2.99 on thursday and 3.29 on friday!!! :spank: and you know what makes me mad!! the $100 barrels of gas the news is yapping about won't even start going into rotation until the END of April !! The Greedy Oil company's are just Ripping us off now because they can!!! :spank:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Shreveport hit the nail on the head about the oil going into rotation. Ain't that some S%#$!!!

Anyway...a week ago we were sitting at $2.89/gal. Thursday it jumped back up to $3.29/gal. And then yesterday, I guess the oil companies didn't feel like they were making enough money, so it went up again to $3.39!

Yay...another summer of $4+ gas. I can't wait. :Flip:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
about £1.30 per litre ($8 USD / gallon), last time i checked :S

luckily most of my petrol money is spent purely on leisure and not commuting

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
$3.58 here in Jacksonville. I expect it to go up lots more soon. Everyone is beginning to speculate that Saudi Arabia is going to start rioting soon. SA has over 12% of the world's oil, and is the largest producer at almost 40% of total world production. And oil being a speculative market...

Although, the taxes that account for over half of what you actually pay at the pump should take the most blame, IMHO. That and the expensive, pointless ethanol. Last year, some buddies and I did the math, and without the taxes or the ethanol, gas would be around $1.20 a gal for the premium.

But, we still don't pay anywhere near what most of the world pays. It's just that most of us can remember driving 5-6 years ago and not even considering gas in our budgets.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How the gas stations determine the current price of what to charge you is:

What will it cost for them to replace that gallon of fuel that you purchased? Since the cost to replace that gallon you just used went up, they have to increase their price. Now if the cost of the fuel or barrel of oil goes down, you start to see the prices go back down.

They do not wait until they have exhausted their supply of fuel to adjust prices.

Almost forgot $3.49 regular or 87 octanae here. In significant since I ride my bike everywhere, so it cost me $14 or $15 to fill up the tank instead of $11 or $12 which lasts for 200 plus miles? However the cost of goods and services will start increasing and adding up, but as far as my riding or travelling habits, no effects at all.

Last edited:

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
One of my first jobs was working at a gas station $.18 a gal.:eek:
and my dad would drive across town to get it cheaper lol
Dare I say 1963 or there about:confused:

oregonative56

Reaction score
Visit site
Gas hovered around 3.15 to 3.25 the last few months. Then this week jumped to 3.32. And about a mile down the road it's 3.45 for the same brand. Glad my commute is only 12 miles round trip.

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
How the gas stations determine the current price of what to charge is you is:

What will it cost for them to replace that gallon of fuel that you purchased? Since the cost to replace that gallon you just used went up, they have to increase their price. Now if the cost of the fuel or barrel of oil goes down, you start to see the prices go back down.

They do not wait until they have exhausted their supply of fuel to adjust prices.

I believe the going up part but the going down WELLLL:confused:

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
It doesn't go back down cause they sneak in some taxes when it's about to go back down. They've done it every year. This year the talk is making the required amount of ethanol go up sometime around September. You know, when gas should come back down.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Depending on what gas you prefer, Chevron had reg at 3.45 a gallon, but AM/PM had 3.27 a gallon.

The reason why there is such a disparity in prices between stations such as Chevron or Shell vs Arco or other brands is that they add detergent or some high tech additives which suppose to make your engine run better.

Whether you believe in this detergent is up to you. I myself is a Chevron man, got to love that Red White and Blue.