FZs6 real Dyno HP ??

JoeDalton

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody,

i'll will soon receive my brand new 2008 FZS6. I'am From Quebec Canada, so it will be the ameriacan version. My saleman told me it was the 98 Hp version as the MotoGuide specified. But my point is that on the Canadian Yamaha web site, there is no mention of the reported HP power. I also heard that the europeen version, other then the S2, has only 78 HP. I was wondering if mine will have his supposed 98 HP...

Is someone can help me ?

Thanks and excuse my english...

Louis

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well.. i dont have the info in front of me, but i do know if for some reason it ends up being the 78 hp one, there is some peice of plastic blocking the throttle from being pulled the whole way (plastic peice is down by the engine, not by the handlebars) :thumbup: but not to worry, im sure the bike will end up being the 98 hp version.

enjoy your new bike and :welcome:

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Hi everybody,

i'll will soon receive my brand new 2008 FZS6. I'am From Quebec Canada, so it will be the ameriacan version. My saleman told me it was the 98 Hp version as the MotoGuide specified. But my point is that on the Canadian Yamaha web site, there is no mention of the reported HP power. I also heard that the europeen version, other then the S2, has only 78 HP. I was wondering if mine will have his supposed 98 HP...

Is someone can help me ?

Thanks and excuse my english...

Louis

As far as I understand it, the 78Hp version is only available in Europe. Exactly why they made I don't know.
According to other members here, the only real difference between the two is that on the 78Hp the throttle wheel don't turn as far as it does on the 98Hp version. This is reported to be an easy mod to do though.

Bu again, - I don't think you have anything to worry about, since the 78Hp version is Europe only.

JoeDalton

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks,

Is there some pics i can refer to see this famous plastic part to remove. If ever i have the 78 hp Version. It should have been done many times by those guys who headed for that mod.

Louis

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
Here in Europe the difference between the 78hp and 98hp is very simple to make. The 78hp looks just like the pre-2007 models. And it hasn't got the s2 logo on the tank.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As far as I understand it, the 78Hp version is only available in Europe. Exactly why they made I don't know.
According to other members here, the only real difference between the two is that on the 78Hp the throttle wheel don't turn as far as it does on the 98Hp version. This is reported to be an easy mod to do though.

Bu again, - I don't think you have anything to worry about, since the 78Hp version is Europe only.
The UK bike license has two levels of entry.

Direct access which allows you to ride any bike but limits the HP to 78, and the full license which allows you any power.

Nelly