FZ8 Prices

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so that would roughly equate to about $13k USD!!!???

ridiculous... why price them soo hi.. especially during a world financial downturn... they must really think the economy is going to pick up really quick...

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site

ridiculous... why price them soo hi.. especially during a world financial downturn... they must really think the economy is going to pick up really quick...

The msrp for a FZ1 is $10290 and the FZ6 was $7290 so I would assume that it would fall in between those two prices. A R1 is $13290 so I would think it would be below that.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com

you never convert msrp like you do currency. IF they bring it to the US, it will likely be MSRP of $8499 or so.

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
Waaaaayyyyy over priced to sell in the current economic farce. My local shop is selling low millage used FZ1 Fazers for £5-6k. I know which I'd buy if I had the money.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah looks like it'll be around $9k MSRP in the US, which is a good price for such a bike imo.

Will be interesting to see how insurance rates compare to an FZ6/FZ1...

FZ-B

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah looks like it'll be around $9k MSRP in the US, which is a good price for such a bike imo.

Will be interesting to see how insurance rates compare to an FZ6/FZ1...

doesn't the usual increase start a 900 or 1000cc?

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
In Socal, insurance rates aren't directly linked to displacement... my understanding is that they are somewhat linked to the accident rate of a specific model along with what category each insurer decided to put a bike into... For example, my 1200cc, which has more HP and double the torque of the FZ6 is costing me about 1/3 of what the FZ used to cost me... the reason? my title says "1200cc H-D" (lol)... an R1 would cost me about $4-5k/year for full coverage :eek:, so I assume an FZ1 would be up there too... the FZ8 might be considered a middleweight standard and be in the ballpark of the FZ6 and not that of the FZ1/R1...

For the record, here are the numbers for full coverage for me:

- FZ6: $1500/year
- Buell: $500/year
- R1: $4-5k/year
- FZ1: not sure, but I assume it'd be $2.5k+
- FZ8???

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
In Socal, insurance rates aren't directly linked to displacement... my understanding is that they are somewhat linked to the accident rate of a specific model along with what category each insurer decided to put a bike into... For example, my 1200cc, which has more HP and double the torque of the FZ6 is costing me about 1/3 of what the FZ used to cost me... the reason? my title says "1200cc H-D" (lol)... an R1 would cost me about $4-5k/year for full coverage :eek:, so I assume an FZ1 would be up there too... the FZ8 might be considered a middleweight standard and be in the ballpark of the FZ6 and not that of the FZ1/R1...

For the record, here are the numbers for full coverage for me:

- FZ6: $1500/year
- Buell: $500/year
- R1: $4-5k/year
- FZ1: not sure, but I assume it'd be $2.5k+
- FZ8???

I think it has alot to do with age too. My brother pays some where around 500 a year for a '07 cbr1000, I got quoted $2200 a year for the same bike. The fz6 is $1200 a year for me. I'm 26 and he's 36.

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bloody hell, if thats the UK prices for the new FZ8, it will be priced awfully close to an FZ1 here in Australia.

Yamaha Oz doesn't exactly have a big window to price it. FZ6's are around $11,000-$12,000 ride away (well when I bought mine in 2008), FZ1's are around the $15,000 from memory.