FZ8 Bar with SW-MOTECH Bar Back Riser and Speedmetal Bar Ends

09fazer600

Reaction score
Visit site
For the purpose of improving comfort I installed FZ8 bars and SW-MOTECH rear set bar risers and due to the difference in barsI had to install different bar ends. The only other issue with using FZ8 bars is the hole for locating the throttle switch handle must be redrilled to accept the FZ6 throttle. You will have to reposition or remove some zip ties to get more slack in the wires, hoses and cables to reach.image.jpgimage.jpg

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How is the rise and pullback etc on the fz8 bars compared to the stock fz6 bars? Thanks.

I got a set also, at some point I need to figure out how to install my bar ends. Fz8 handlebars have rubber plugs in them. I set them on top of my fz1 bars and they have the same pullback but with the 2 inch ish rise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

09fazer600

Reaction score
Visit site
How is the rise and pullback etc on the fz8 bars compared to the stock fz6 bars? Thanks.
The rise is similar to the stock bar, but with less pullback so it doesn't cramp your wrist. In combination with the SW-Motech riser you get about the most rise and setback you can get with the stock hose and cables, but I'm very happy with the riding position with this setup.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am always interested in bar risers and different bar configurations.
I still run the stock bars but I tried the 1up 1 back motech risers and my cables would not give enough slack. I have a naked so the cables are sort of twisted to fit behind the headlight- no faring to hid them behind!
Anyway I have considered the FZ6r bars as a bar with similar rise but less angle to minimise wrist ache. appaently the FZ1 bar is flatter in angel and less rise and still clears the tank when swung from side to side.
The other thing I am most concerned with is still being able to use the stock threads for bar ends. For those not aware of them HVMP stainless steel barends are about 17 oz of solid stainless, look trick and keep the vibes down. I have a set installed now and would want to transfer them to new bars. So for me, this thread is good info gathering

Not meaning to hijack the discussions but like I said it interests me greatly.