FZ6N Headlight direction

Puz

Reaction score
Visit site
So I've just imported my bike to Sweden (from UK) and it needs to be inspected in a few days time to get the new plates.
My question is - My headlights appear to point straight ahead but shouldn't they point slightly to the left for UK riding? So then I should adjust them now so they point in the opposite direction to the right??? :confused:
Maybe I'm missing the point and it's only the Fazer with twin headlights that need the adjusting for continental riding?

Confused :confused: please help as I don't want to fail the inspection on headlight aim FFS!!!

sQuijeW

Reaction score
Visit site
idk about having your headlight point in a direction where you are not going. there are a lot of drunkards in the uk, but the majority of people still look and drive straight ahead...

;)

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i think mine points straight ahead

if you need to adjust the heigh then undo the 2 allen bolts on each side, and there's a knob for adjusting the height inside. There might even be a second one for left and right, but I can't remember. The knob only changes it be a very small amount, thought I was going to fail my mot because they struggled to get it high enough, it just took a lot of turning in the end.

Roln 106

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry I can't comment on the laws related to riding in your parts of the world, however, I did go through a similar experience in the US switching from a state which required no inspection to a state which has more stringent inspection laws.

If possible, I might recommend simply calling or stopping by a local shop which performs inspections and asking them directly. I spent a couple bucks on items, which as I understand, I didn't even really need (i.e. I bought the inserts for my Two Brothers exhaust, when after talking to the shop, they really only care if the bike has mufflers or not).

Puz

Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately, bike shops / garages don't perform the MOT's over here in Sweden. There are designated state run inspection places which are by appointment only so I'll just put it in and see what happens.

They probably won't like my Mivv end cans either :rockon: