FZ6 vs Corvette

Hoosier4444

Reaction score
Visit site
Way back in the day there was a rich kid at my high school with a ~'96 Cobra that I'm pretty sure I could have taken with my '90 Mazda MPV. Hearing him shift was like nails on a chalkboard.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Had a bunch of guys in high school who drove 96 mustangs. Thought they were the stuff too. Beat them off the line and out ran them in a 98 dodge neon with nothing but a DOHC, polished and bore head, adjusted intake and expanded exhaust. (double spoiler and racing stripes make my neon the dumbest looking little 4 cylinder out there, but I love it) point: mustangs slow
Potential misconception: dodge neon fast (I'm never going to say my neon is a powerful machine in any context, just that the guys driving the mustangs not only had less power than they thought, but they did not know how to drive it) (have I covered my arse enough in this post)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

FloppyRunner

Motorcycle Noooooooooooob
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't forget, it's unfortunately somewhat common in the Mustang world to buy Cobra badges and stick 'em on your V6 or GT.

I never mess with a true Cobra because you never know what you're going to get. Sure, you can get a stocker that's overweight and (relatively) underpowered. But you can also run into a 500-600 or more horsepower street monster. Hell, for the 2003 and on factory supercharged models, you can get there with stock internals. They aren't jokes like some have implied...

The good news is most of those guys only focus on going fast in a straight line...

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Have shot a lot of track days, fun to watch the guy in the 600+ HP Vette! Usually the cornerworkers are taking odds on where it going off. Watched a Ford GT40 back thru the infield at 80 or so due to too much right foot.

Back in the day had an 85 Merkur XR4Ti. When right it was quick, a Z28 was messing with me on the interstate, just rolled on it and walked away. No need to downshift for that. For those old enough to remember, there were some slow cars back then. Back in the 70's had a cousin with a L88 Vette, that was FAST.

Darth Fazer

formerly Anakin StarRider
Reaction score
Visit site
While we're on the topic of the past;
I had this for 24years. 73 Gran Torino Sport, 4spd, posi 3.50, 351Clevo layin down 375hp. . . God I miss that car. . . 13.5 on street tires.

IMG_6332.jpg

You ever seen the movie "Gran Torino" with Clint Eastwood? If no, SEE IT! Great Movie!