FZ6 trackbike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I see that valtermoto has rear sets and clip ons for 07 FZ6's. any opinions on their quality and prices? I wouldnt mind getting some of their rear sets and trying out those clips on.

If memory serves me correctly FZ's have 43mm fork tubes right? But wouldnt the clips on not turn as far since they seem to be hitting the outside of the tank, granted we're not turning like we do on the street but still.

And does racers edge sell the plastics piece by piece or a full set? I wouldnt mind getting a price check on them too.

The Valtermoto Rearsets are great....cant fault them!

Yes, FZ6's have 43mm forks.

Yes, the clip-ons will foul the tank, but only if you dont install a steering stop om the bottom triple clamp, which will limit steering lock...not much fun in the local shopping centre carpark, but great for the track.

:thumbup:

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
hey...i like this kind of low handlebar
like the one in sports/racing motorcycle,can i afford it in singapore?

you mean find it? i am not sure where you can find the clipons over here.

Once you have done it a few times, it only takes about an hour to change the bike from Street to Track with the Race Glass...

A hell of a lot ceasier than replacing all your nice road gear, if you bin it...

I know that next time i take my bike to the track, i will be putting all the track stuff on, including clip-ons, a older set of sorta half trashed rear-sets, and hoping i dont drop it..

pardon my ignorance, what's race glass?

i am intending to bring my fz6 to track, currently fitted the oem yamaha full fairing, i wish to take them out but the stock signal lights are quite difficult to take dismantle, not sure if changing to those flush signal lights help.
the plastics and headlights are what i am most concerned about, i tried contacting racer edge but i didnt get any response from them.
i want to get the front headlight cowling. is it alot of work to change from the stock to the race plastic?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well i think tire play 20-30% parts of it,i mean riding....
:rockon:

Very good point, tires are very important.

The stock suspension on the FZ6 really bites on the track, but with a good shock, and either a fork swap, or spings and emulators it works really well on the track...of course with good tires. :D

For clip-ons I ended up using ConvertiBars, not as low as a true clip-on but much lower than stock. Add a set of rearset set back plates and you are good to go!

And everyone always asks, what about the motor? It has plenty of power, you'll be surprised at the "faster" bikes you'll pass.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you mean find it? i am not sure where you can find the clipons over here.

pardon my ignorance, what's race glass?

i am intending to bring my fz6 to track, currently fitted the oem yamaha full fairing, i wish to take them out but the stock signal lights are quite difficult to take dismantle, not sure if changing to those flush signal lights help.
the plastics and headlights are what i am most concerned about, i tried contacting racer edge but i didnt get any response from them.
i want to get the front headlight cowling. is it alot of work to change from the stock to the race plastic?

Race Glass...is what we call Fibreglass Race Fairings in Australia...

Re getting in contact with them, if you have justtried to call in the last hour or so, you wont get a response, it is 10.30pm at night, here in Australia...depending on where you are, half hour either way...

Not a lot of work to change out the fairing, you just need the mounting bracket, that comes seperately to the front fairing, but from the same people.

Wyotech kid

Reaction score
Visit site
About how much do they sell the plastics and mounting brackets for? Since I'm in the States shipping will probably be quite hefty :eek:.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
Race Glass...is what we call Fibreglass Race Fairings in Australia...

Re getting in contact with them, if you have justtried to call in the last hour or so, you wont get a response, it is 10.30pm at night, here in Australia...depending on where you are, half hour either way...

Not a lot of work to change out the fairing, you just need the mounting bracket, that comes seperately to the front fairing, but from the same people.

hi wolfman

thanks for the reply, i emailed them but didnt get any response. perhaps they are not interested in dealing with foreigners.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hi wolfman

thanks for the reply, i emailed them but didnt get any response. perhaps they are not interested in dealing with foreigners.

Nope, they are interested, just typically Australian....slack!

Try ringing them...it's business hours in Australia now.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
Nope, they are interested, just typically Australian....slack!

Try ringing them...it's business hours in Australia now.

hi wolfman

they soft of updated their website, adding the comment "panels are only suitable for modified FZ6 bikes for the FZ6 Cup in Australia". didnt see this the last time i went their website.
so, any idea what have been done to fz6 cup bikes especially the front? i am more interested to fit the upper front race fairing. i believe to fit the tail there's quite alot of work to do so i shall just stick to the stock ones.

thank you!

tunelliner

mr-crash-alot
Reaction score
Visit site
I owned both a 04 FZ6 Cup Race bike with a PCIII, and currently own a K5 GSXR600 track bike (with power commander too).

From my own experience, 600s will definitely have advantage down the straights over the FZ6. I think down the back straight out my local track I was recording 10-15kmh more on the gixxer. Torque wise, the FZ6 seemed to have more pull down the rev range.

Suspension wise, it was hard to compare racetech/ohlins combination vs my current stock setting. The racetech/ohlins combination was awesome, except the only complain I have was with the lack of adjustment.

Davek you won't be holding anyone up at the track on a fZ6. The reason I changed was because I got offered a really good deal, but was also getting frustrated that 600s were passing me down the straight then holding me up through the corners. There was no way I could undertake or overtake safely without jeopardising my safety as well as others.