FZ6 Tas No more

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
I unfortunately traded in the FZ this morning after 4 great years with her. I had only done a few thousand kilometres in the past 3 years so I guess it just had to go. I was doing more riding in the bush on a piece of crap China bike and I finally gave up on the painful ride and replacing parts each ride and decided to get something that can do a little road work but mainly dirt.

So tomorrow I puck up a 2008 Husqvarna TE450, it's high on maintenance but one hell of a ride!!!!! CANT WAIT!!!!!!

I still feel lost without my Orange baby though, the wife is shattered, but come Saturday i'll have a grin from ear to ear!!!

Hope to still catch up with the Tassie trip guys when you come down so I will stick around the forum, I also probably have a stock exhaust if anyone is after one too, just waiting to see if the dealer asks for it. Might have to get some spare road tyres or borrow the old mans Fjr in March!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:needpics::BLAA:

I'm considering getting myself a cheapo-china bike....lol....Sounds like I'm gonna be breaking it quickly...lol. I treat the dirty's pretty rough:rockon::D

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanyou.

I will post pics as soon as I pick it up, which hopefully will be tonight if I can sort out a few issues I am having re the old finance on the Yammy. The Chinese bikes are ok but you will break something new each time you ride. The most important thing is to loctite everything and I MEAN EVERYTHING. I'd certainly never go down that road again though, to much time and effort into what is essentially a S**T Box.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sad news about the Fizzer, great news about the Husky...nice choice of bike!

Will have to watch you through the Twisties when we come down to Tassie...i reckon that thing would be a weapon through the tight stuff on the black top!

First mod...get a second set of wheels with Motard style tyres on it....then you have 2 bikes in one!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
Sad news about the Fizzer, great news about the Husky...nice choice of bike!

Will have to watch you through the Twisties when we come down to Tassie...i reckon that thing would be a weapon through the tight stuff on the black top!

First mod...get a second set of wheels with Motard style tyres on it....then you have 2 bikes in one!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thats the plan mate but I gotta get the funds together or for a bargain to pop up. Just about to post some photos of my first ride!!!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats the plan mate but I gotta get the funds together or for a bargain to pop up. Just about to post some photos of my first ride!!!

Cant wait to see this thing! Just love Husky's! Girlfriend's old man has a Husky...

:rockon:

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
Here they are, I'm a bit annoyed that the photos the old man took of the jumps are so small, he must of compressed them to email them. These are all taken at a property in Port Arthur, our mate that own it has built his own track in his paddock and his property had tracks through bushland and it back onto Forestry land with heaps of fire trails etc.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here they are, I'm a bit annoyed that the photos the old man took of the jumps are so small, he must of compressed them to email them. These are all taken at a property in Port Arthur, our mate that own it has built his own track in his paddock and his property had tracks through bushland and it back onto Forestry land with heaps of fire trails etc.

Nice looking bike...and an FZ6 cant do jump's! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
very nice bet you are loving the power delivery, just gotta watch the fork seals on huskys and the sticker kits tend to peel themselfs off

Funny you should say that because when I got her out on Saturday for a ride the right fork seal was weeping, but luckily I had a Husqvarna mechanic with me who bled the air from it and it seemed to be fine, until I loaded it in the van again. During the first wash I also managed to remove the front and rear mudguard stickers with a pressure cleaner, I don't usually use them on my motorcycles but it was there and easier at that point in time. Wish I hadn't now. Oh well lol

Oh and on power deliver, lets just say wheelstands out of every corner if you aren't careful!!!!!!:D

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Real Nice :thumbup:
They Sure have come a long way from when I had my TE...

picture.php

tompee

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice new ride, Fz6 tas, I have seriously considered the 450 or 510SMR in the past, but instead have gone with the low maintenance WR250X.

NOW, on more important matters (for me!), what did you end up doing with that stock exhaust? I'm trying to repair a written off FZ6 up here, I don't think the aftermarket exhausts or fender eliminator on this thing will be looked upon kindly in the VIV or roadworthy inspections.