FZ6 sighting - Delafield, Wisconsin

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a longshot, but I saw a guy riding what I think was a blue '06 in the Delafield area this afternoon. Just seeing if that was anyone from here. Its the first FZ6 other than mine I've seen around here. :thumbup:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
in wi??? you probably have a better chance at finding a cow then a fellow fz6 rider.....

hahahaha.. sorry, but could not pass that up.. my girl used to live there and i have been out there a number of times.. there is nothing there :)...at least in northern WI.. but , its very beautiful so i guess its just a trade off.. :)

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
in wi??? you probably have a better chance at finding a cow then a fellow fz6 rider.....

hahahaha.. sorry, but could not pass that up.. my girl used to live there and i have been out there a number of times.. there is nothing there :)...at least in northern WI.. but , its very beautiful so i guess its just a trade off.. :)

Oh no, you're right. The southern half (south of HWY 60) though has some suprisingly fun and twisty roads. Lots of cows though! :thumbup:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yea i had to look on a map where you we talking about.. i would fly into rhinlander.. man oh man is there nothing there.. just the paper mill... but around there it was beautiful.. reminded me of the adirondaks in NY but flat..

i might be taking the bike from hartford, ct to st. paul, mn this summer.. might be taking a short spin through WI.. have too keep an eye out for other fz6's :)

GST-97

Reaction score
Visit site
I was in Delafield a few days ago on my FZ6, but its an 08 and black :)

I don't venture up that way very often... farthest I usually make it is to a friends place in Dousman... I am from the Elkhorn/Delavan area.

I have yet to see a single other FZ6 in all the times I ride.

-Chris

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
honestly i only see an r6 or r1 every once in a long while.. i see more of them at the dealer than i do one the road.. but oh do i see harlys... with no helmet's and a t shirt and jeans..

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
honestly i only see an r6 or r1 every once in a long while.. i see more of them at the dealer than i do one the road.. but oh do i see harlys... with no helmet's and a t shirt and jeans..

that is why the auctions are full of them!!!!

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site

Ya, the majority of bikes around here are HDs or at least some kind of cruisers. I do see a fair number of sport bikes though. Strangely enough, around where I live there's a pretty large number of BMWs, mostly enduros and tourers. I see them all the time, its weird.

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Hay! :D I mean Hey! ;)

I have yet to run into another FZ6 in my corner of WI. Saw lots of HD's today and a small group of sport bike riders. No FZ6 in the group though.

nanner6282

Reaction score
Visit site
hey i'm a fellow rider...right here is cedarburg. it's been awesome riding weather the last few days.

Everyday i get to take the back roads to work...great sight seeing before the day begins. ;)

knightrider

Reaction score
Visit site
First post here. Fellow Wisconsin resident. We have great scenery around here.

Just picked up my silver and black FZ6 about 2 weeks ago. Am in Milwaukee. The FZ6 is my first bike after taking the MSF and I'm enjoying riding it around.

Maybe when I get better at riding and more miles under my belt I can ride with some of you. But I don't want to be pushing any limits or anything as I'm a more mellow guy.