FZ6 S2 Bar rise

samregjones

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all

I'm wanting to drastically change the ridding position so I'm sitting in a more upright position.

I have the bars in want, I've seen bar risers on SW Motech that look decent.

The problem I have is all the current cable lengths are far too short.

Does any one have any advice on how or where I might get longer replacement cables?

Thanks

Sam

If your bike is faired, there's PLENTY of cable length.

If it's a naked, (IDK if the cables are shorter), the "faired lines" will work fine.

The naked bikes were NOT available in the US, so ordering cables for a US bike will work fine.

Here's a link for an 07 FZ (S2) Parts: https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/2007/fz6-fzs6w ALL the cables will reach.. You can just get the part #'s and buy over there or from Partzilla.

Just an FYI, my S2 with risers/setbacks. I did get a longer brake line (stainless steel) but wasn't necessary.

I did something similar, but instead of using risers, I found a handlebar on ebay with a couple inches extra rise (I think it was from a Polaris ATV)

For the brake lines, the bike comes stock with a long line from the master cylinder down to the left caliper, then a shorter "jumper" line that goes over the front fender to the right caliper. I flipped these lines around, so the longer line goes to the right caliper, then jumpers to the left (you also need to swap the banjo bolts and then re-bleed the system). I also remember that I removed the metal cable guide bracket that screws to the underside of the upper triple tree. I didn't remove it completely, just unscrewed it and then zip-tied it so it wouldnt flop around.

I also had a custom seat built with the riders butt portion about 1.5" closer to the tank so it wouldnt be as far of a reach to the bars, allowing me to sit more upright.

Back