FZ6 Riders Show us your baby!!

Blackcombe

Reaction score
Visit site
ahehujyq.jpg

Just finished it

Quite like the blue, hmmm do I respray my naked in the off season is the question now :)
Smurfette hanging off is a nice touch too :thumbup:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
Those guards are standard Yamaha warfare. they were available from the accessories list for the fz series. I dont know if they are manufacturing them any longer as i searched on the yamaha uk and did not find any fz 6 related items. they were not cheap ($250 for the set). i wasnt very keen on their look when i got them but they grew on me and the brackets look beefier. i got them because the 06 brackets look skinny and the options were to either change the subframe for the 07 one or buy these and keep the factory subframe.(when i got these guards; 07 subframes were still very expensive and the cheap ones were all scratched up and rusty.)

i'm not sure if they would fit the 07 on models since they have the removable brackets which are thicker and protrude a bit to the outside more than 06 ones.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those guards are standard Yamaha warfare. they were available from the accessories list for the fz series. I dont know if they are manufacturing them any longer as i searched on the yamaha uk and did not find any fz 6 related items. they were not cheap ($250 for the set). i wasnt very keen on their look when i got them but they grew on me and the brackets look beefier. i got them because the 06 brackets look skinny and the options were to either change the subframe for the 07 one or buy these and keep the factory subframe.(when i got these guards; 07 subframes were still very expensive and the cheap ones were all scratched up and rusty.)

i'm not sure if they would fit the 07 on models since they have the removable brackets which are thicker and protrude a bit to the outside more than 06 ones.
I think they look pretty snazzy! They add a little more structure and mass to the subframe:thumbup:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for the compliments motojoe. You were the first to notice these guards and comment about how nice they look:thumbup:

Druff

Reaction score
Visit site
Waiting patiently for the cold weather to bugger off so she can show me what she's got!! I hope to get some better pics and maybe a few mods, I picked her up a couple weeks ago so we've not spent much time together, i know she misses me already, that'll change and before you know it.

Druff

Reaction score
Visit site
Metaphor Road - where does she go? what lies beyond the horizon? Let's twist the throttle and find out!

gerardfry

Reaction score
Visit site
Purchased this bone stock 05 about a week ago. Very low miles. Still has original rubber! Planning to mod for sport touring duty to suit my 47 year old body lol. Have only put about 500 miles on it thus far. I'm impressed! Can hardly wait to modify....

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Purchased this bone stock 05 about a week ago. Very low miles. Still has original rubber! Planning to mod for sport touring duty to suit my 47 year old body lol. Have only put about 500 miles on it thus far. I'm impressed! Can hardly wait to modify....

I would change the tires asap! That's some old rubber.
Welcome to the forum and nice ride:thumbup:

phil_dennis90

Reaction score
Visit site

Just picked up an 07 bone stock with 4500 on it. Also still had original rubber and I just got new PR2's a couple weeks ago and I'm absolutely loving them. I've heard great things about em. First few days broke em in with a hundred or so miles and don't have any complaints (except that the damn city needs to clean all the sand/rocks off the road from winter)

Last edited:

gerardfry

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for the info phil-dennis90. I havent purchased the tires yet but will be before riding much more. I think I will like the pr2's as well. Hear good things about them!

BatmanFZ6

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Visit site
I have done some work since the daylight picture.

Attachments

• user25465_pic9947_1396182750.jpg
    user25465_pic9947_1396182750.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 64

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
This past weekend after changing the front tire. I'm CONSIDERING aftermarket exhaust after riding beside my brother on his CBR600. I mean, the FZ6 sounds decent at the higher end but just idling and around town I could barely hear it.. haha