FZ6 Rider Down...

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
How does that work insurance wise? Would comprehensive (if you have it) cover that if you don't have collision (and does "collision" cover it?). Yeah, debris and especially ladders on the roadway, what a nightmare about people who don't secure items on their vehicle. Sometimes, I am nervously behind what looks like something just waiting to fly off. I think cops should (if they don't already") pull these kinds over and write tickets (and then publicize it big time). DON'T drive on roadways with items not securely and SAFELY tied, placed in your pickup, etc.! I think I'd rather be behind (temporarily) a drunk than be behind a construction truck with items haphazardly loaded in the back! It's usually a ladder, isn't it, that we hear about with traffic reports?

Solarservant

Thrill-Seeker
Reaction score
Visit site
Scary man. Glad you are okay.

Not to snub your misfortune, but I am interested in your exhaust. Maybe help with your medical bills and get you back to riding? I'll look for your posts.

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about this, but grey glad you are ok. What kind of material was your suit?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I just had a joe rocket textile. Definitely did its job. That and the backpack.
A Shoei RF1100 Helmet.
Some no name Kevlar gloves. Which was a skimp. Granted I didn't break my hands. But the linings definitely started to come undon and my thumb came through the glove, shavin off the tip of it.
Pants- I just had jeans and long johns didn't break anything but I should of had knee pads. Fortunately I was on my back most of the time except when I was rolling up agains the median and the road. My knees just got a little scraped
Shoes I had just had some Nike airs( big mistake) twisted both my ankles. But didn't break em.
I have to say could of been a whole lot worse.

As a defensive driver could I have avoided it. Well I guess so....
But what can you say being in the HOV lane and a black bucket just on the back side of hill, kinda sucks. I mean between going with the flow of traffic and split second decision making in a nightsky. Aren't exactly great odds.

Last edited:

mannydiller

Reaction score
Visit site
damn, sorry to read about this, man... glad you are mostly ok, considering everything... drives home the point, i need more gear than a helmet and boots... especially since the majority of my riding is on the super slab (daily commute).

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
I hear ya Manny. :thumbup: although I didnt have the boots, I still wouldn't of twisted my ankles. My knees werent exactly road rashed they were more like impact cuts(small scabbing).

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Dang. I don't read the forum all that much anymore, but it was a bummer to see this.

I'm glad to hear that you're basically okay. How are you feeling since the adrenalin wore off?

The bike doesn't look too bad considering the situation.