FZ6 on it's side surrounded by Harleys...DOH!

rickvan67

Junior Cheeseburger
Reaction score
Visit site
A buddy of mine and I recently took a 700+ mile weekend trip up to northern Minnesota through Duluth and up to Grand Marais. On Saturday we rode a charity ride with about 75 other bikes, mostly Harleys.

We pull in to this little bar with a loose gravel parking lot. I come riding in, all cool and $hit on my FZ, come to a stop and put both feet down. My right foot slides straight out and down goes my bike, in a gravel parking lot surrounded by Harleys :ban:

I will say this, when your bike goes down in a parking lot surrounded by other bikes, there's no shortage of people helping you pick it back up. Even Harley riders are cool that way :thumbup: I didn't even get any grief, at least not to my face...

The picture below shows the result (thank God for frame sliders). A couple of scrapes on the engine case, a marred up frame slider, and a scuff on my coolant hose...oh yeah, and damaged pride :banghead:

Anyone know a good product to restore the black on the engine?

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I did almost the same damage when I dropped mine in the drive a few months back.
The advice to me was use a "Sharpie" pen(permanent marker) to go over the scratches and it works a treat. On my Oggy Knobs (F/S) i just used a little wet/dry paper to smooth out the graze

glad no one gave you a roasting, probably coz everyone was hoping it wouldn't happen to them too (what goes around, comes around)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well that is definately a Hall of Shame moment. Glad to hear that even the Harley riders were there to help. They're not that bad after all.