fz6 making us PROUD chasing cbr 600rr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gusss

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I was just testing my new camera mount on tank on a ride to Casanare at the east side of Colombia...
Top speed is 265 km/h which is 164.663 mp/h.

I just dont understand why my bike is just as fast as this cbr 600 rr, which has a FULL EXHAUST with a two brothers slip on....which aslo gave her 13 hp more supposedly...

in other videos I have, I can say I jsut have to desacelerate just not to run in to it......

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzSVR-iiZjI"]YouTube- FZ6 chasing CBR 600RR ( top speed 265 Km/h )[/ame]

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm waiting too ......

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I couldn't watch much past 1 minute - overtaking on the wrong side of the road on a bend - sent shivers through me.

Only takes one cager.......

Last edited:

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice video (great engine sound). However, you are a very very naughty boy and should be sent to bed with no supper.

You need to take that kind of stuff to a track where you will have more fun.

I hope you stay safe.

Dennis

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Uhh thats like watching that old Sega Master system game Road rash,, thats alot of bikes you passed up. I never see that many in my area. Your a little crazy too, but fun to watch. I am not your mom, but Be careful.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I could only watch a couple of minutes of that..... I'm sure you think you are being safe enough.

The only comment I will make is that you spend far too much of your time in the oncoming lane, and have trouble keeping a proper line when you make a turn. You run 'wide' too often...... that will eventually bite you.

Good luck.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, you're nuts riding like that on a two way highway....way to many variables going against you.

Watching the video, sounded like you were looking for 7th gear a few times LOL...

Stay safe! & thanks for sharing!

gusss

Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, you're nuts riding like that on a two way highway....way to many variables going against you.

Watching the video, sounded like you were looking for 7th gear a few times LOL...

Stay safe! & thanks for sharing!

I know, I happens all the time looking for the 7th gear!

We were going fast, and I was amazed how fast I could catch up to cbr!!!
In most of the other times I would say my bike will faster than his...

gusss

Reaction score
Visit site
I could only watch a couple of minutes of that..... I'm sure you think you are being safe enough.

The only comment I will make is that you spend far too much of your time in the oncoming lane, and have trouble keeping a proper line when you make a turn. You run 'wide' too often...... that will eventually bite you.

Good luck.

Probably the camera does not show far away as my eyes can... I can see really really far away, I wouldn't have done this nor the other guy if we weren't feeling safe!!!!

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
Not that good practice I guess... but only for some fun?? :(
However, the video quality looks great even with those high speed .. ha ha ha
Safe ride for you....

Jacobien

Reaction score
Visit site
Wicked. I wonder, how you get 265?

I redline at 250km/h exactly, stock gearing...:confused:

Anyway, I love it when a "touring" bike beats the #### out of a "race" bike, it makes me so happy.:rockon:

Iethius

Who?
Reaction score
Visit site
I couldn't watch it all either, too much traffic for me, great camera though. What year is your FZ6? Do you have any MODS? Mine only goes 245kph, it's a 2005

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
...You run 'wide' too often...... that will eventually bite you...
Interesting you should say that. In Europe, they teach a completely different cornering style than they do in the US. I wasn't taught to take the 'racing line' on public roads. I was taught to take a wide line to increase the forward viewing distance and better prepare for whatever is on the other side of the bend.

Now - I'm not endorsing taking a turn while passing and in the oncoming lane. That's nuts. But taking a wide line is not a bad thing in itself. We could probably start an entire thread on that. Hmmm...

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting you should say that. In Europe, they teach a completely different cornering style than they do in the US. I wasn't taught to take the 'racing line' on public roads. I was taught to take a wide line to increase the forward viewing distance and better prepare for whatever is on the other side of the bend.

Now - I'm not endorsing taking a turn while passing and in the oncoming lane. That's nuts. But taking a wide line is not a bad thing in itself. We could probably start an entire thread on that. Hmmm...

You would be referring to taking an Outside Inside Outside line, increasing your viewing distance around the curve while straightening out your path of travel. But you should never cross the yellow!

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow...:popcorn: I think I just met my next patient.

Where shall I begin. First off, what the hell are you doing going that fast on a public road? Two, learn some throttl control and how/when to shift. You're leaned over in a turn chopping into and out of the throttle, making the bike unstable. You are also roasting the crap out of your clutch every time you shift, easily heard on the video. Oh... and a CBR600 would stomp the crap out of an FZ6 given equal riders at that speed. The only reason you think you "beat" a CBR is that your friend on the Honda has a little more gray matter between his ears to know when to slow down.

Freakin' squids:ban:

gusss

Reaction score
Visit site
You would be referring to taking an Outside Inside Outside line, increasing your viewing distance around the curve while straightening out your path of travel. But you should never cross the yellow!

The dot yellow lines means you could pass, and the complete yellow lines means you can't....Besides, there weren't any mountains, so you could see far more out... Anyways, the speed limit for any road in colombia 80km/h... And painted lines lines are also designed based on that speed limit and lowers...
To pass a car on a fz6 you probably need less meters than if you were passing in a truck! So........

gusss

Reaction score
Visit site
I was just trying to make fz6 proud here!
Instead I just found 20 moms in a couple of hours!!!

I wasn't asking on advice on how to or not to ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.