FZ6 Front Brake Pad recommendation...HH or GG in the United Kingdom for commuting??

tedrogers

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

As the title "FZ6 Front Brake Pad recommendation...HH or GG in the United Kingdom for commuting??" that is in essence my entire question.

I'm looking to renew my brake pads all round.

I'm aware that the stock pads are GG rated all round, but I've read elsewhere that one of the preferred setups is HH sintered up front and GG in the rear.

Thing I can't establish is whether the recommendations I've read are US based or Europe / UK based, in which case, seeing as we only get 1 month of summer :)D), and then it rains for 11 months, I expect it would not be wise having HH sintered pads up front.

I can understand HH pads up front when it is typically warm and dry most of the riding season, like the US, or even in the UK for Sunday riders, but I'm out on it every day in almost every kind of weather (light/med snow, rain, wind, dry).

What do other UK / Euro riders suggest?

Thanks a million! :rockon:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
sintered HH for the front, GG for the rear

not sure why you think sintered HH up front would be bad, especially if you are using them every day then they aren't likely to rust up much

they don't need any heat either to work, like carbon or more track focussed pads do

Last edited:

tedrogers

Reaction score
Visit site
sintered HH for the front, GG for the rear

not sure why you think sintered HH up front would be bad, especially if you are using them every day then they aren't likely to rust up much

they don't need any heat either to work, like carbon or more track focussed pads do

I was told HH's can be really 'grabby', but perhaps not so much on the FZ from your experience?

I would appreciate some other views though, so I can make a balanced judgement, and of course HH's will wear the discs faster.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
maybe it's personal preference, i like my brakes to have a crisp bite, as long as you aren't ham-fisted with the brake then it's easy to brake as hard or as lightly as you want

in contrast i like the rear to be quite soft so it doesn't lock up