FZ6 Frame Sliders

Rocky529

Reaction score
Visit site
I have those same frame sliders and the bolts kept coming loose thus making the motor rattle over bumps. Really annoying and I finally narrowed it down to that. I have since ordered motivation frame sliders and put the stock bolts back in.. nice and quiet over bumps now.

fridgebuzzz

Reaction score
fridgebuzzz.multiply.com
shogun sliders

IMG_5124.JPG

IMG_5125.JPG

fell down after clearing customs on the way to malaysia. the slider end broke off and the main part was "compacted". hit a kerb directly.

CrioGeniC

Reaction score
Visit site
Good morning everyone. I just got my Shogun sliders in and could use a little help. The sliders are different sizes, and there are no install intructions with them. I just want to make sure I am putting the correct slider on the correct side.

I am assuming that the longer slider goes on the left hand side of the bike, as you are sitting on it.

thanks,
Crio

Scott64a

Reaction score
Visit site
The shorter one goes on the oil fill side.

I just got the Shogun with the aluminum inserts today; took a month and a half due to backorder.

I'll feel better having them in.

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
The shorter one goes on the oil fill side.

I just got the Shogun with the aluminum inserts today; took a month and a half due to backorder.

I'll feel better having them in.

I just got them also...a little instruction slip would be nice...had to search to find out which goes where.

dimitre977

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered a set of the Motovation frame sliders and got an email saying they are out of stock and it could take up to 3 weeks before they have more available. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these sliders and if so are they any good, compared to some of the other ones on Ebay these have an aluminum insert. Or should I just wait the couple of weeks for the Motovation ones.

towa

Papa Smurf
Reaction score
Visit site
I just recently orderd the sliders from PUIG, the longer one goes on the left side. I've also added some loctite, so they won't come loose.

However I do not plan to test their functionality

:rof:

GodSpeedLuc

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered a set of the Motovation frame sliders and got an email saying they are out of stock and it could take up to 3 weeks before they have more available. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these sliders and if so are they any good, compared to some of the other ones on Ebay these have an aluminum insert. Or should I just wait the couple of weeks for the Motovation ones.

I too am wondering about the motovation ones. Seems to be the preferred choice. So is it worth waiting for them or are any of the others just as good?? Also, anywhere else you can find motovation ones from more than one particular place?

IPilot

Reaction score
Visit site
Motovation is the way to go. They use grade 8 cap screws instead of a bolt. The bolts are the correct length and will probably not snap in a crash. They are about $60.00 but well worth the cost.

On the motovation website they are $78.99. Do you have any other place where you can find them at about $60 as you said?

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, don't be fooled. If you inspect, you will realize that the longer ones go on the left side. As long as the sliders have metal inserts you're probably half-decent. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ADEQUATE LENGTH BOLTS!!!! Otherwise, you risk stripping your engine mount threads! Don't assume that the manufacturer did/supplied you right. Make sure you have just as much "bite" with your new slider bolts. You're welcome.

luk2004

Reaction score
Visit site
Just ordered my motivation frame sliders last night. What's cool is the store is only like 1hr down the road from me which I didn't realize when ordering. How are you ensuring the new bolts are torqued down to 40lb-ft if they are allen wrench bolts?

luk2004

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I just found out the motiviation is not in stock as well. Email says could be up to two weeks. :(