FZ6-Forum T shirts

there are tons of sites with dirt cheap prices, here's one for example. Short Sleeve T-shirts: Blank Hanes, American Apparel, Anvil, Gildan, Champion T-Shirts - Cheapestees.com

I got custom shirts for a group in college on one of these sites and it only cost us like $5 a person for normal sizes and a buck or two for xxl or larger. I think a logo for the site would be cool:thumbup:
how was it only $5 a person? the site says for one color its $3 per side, thats $6 per shirt, PLUS the cost of teh shirt itself??? and a $40 set up fee?

its up to you guys, but going by that its $6 for one color, and if you want a decent shirt its gonna be another $5-7 plus shipping. and like i said, nothing goes back into the forum lol... thats kinda the point... to re-support the forum. :thumbup:

how was it only $5 a person? the site says for one color its $3 per side, thats $6 per shirt, PLUS the cost of teh shirt itself??? and a $40 set up fee?

its up to you guys, but going by that its $6 for one color, and if you want a decent shirt its gonna be another $5-7 plus shipping. and like i said, nothing goes back into the forum lol... thats kinda the point... to re-support the forum. :thumbup:

hey i never said it was very glamorous, we were college students and one color was all we really needed. plus that wasn't the site we used I just can't remember which one it was. I just know I can always use more t-shirts to wear under my chef coats, plain white gets boring at times.

If you're taking numbers count me in for a couple. If we come up with a good log can we also get the same logo die-cut into decals (reflective please).

I am a person of interest in the matter of the forum t-shirts. I vote for dark grey shirts they show grease stains less

here is something i crudely made,

1217sew.jpg

also, my cousin works at a t-shirt design and printing company. I can contact him in regards to the shirts if you would like.

Last edited:
Those are $18 a pop though, and like i said, no money goes back to the site. I think you are missing the point lol

if you guys wanna make shirts from one of those sites thats fine. my whole point was to kick in a few bucks from each shirt back into the site.

If we get 36 (good price break) people to order shirts. And say kick $5 back into the site. thats $180 that goes to FZ6 FORUM. not to "joes custom t-shirts" You still pay about the same amount, but money goes back into the forum.

And you have to remember, if you go through a site, you cant depend on "free shipping" they might ship it to ONE person free, but then that person has to ship it to everyone else, and that will cost ya. And then that leaves one person picking up the bill.

Up to you guys, i was just expressing an idea, if you guys wanna do something else, go for it. :thumbup:

Those are $18 a pop though, and like i said, no money goes back to the site. I think you are missing the point lol

if you guys wanna make shirts from one of those sites thats fine. my whole point was to kick in a few bucks from each shirt back into the site.

If we get 36 (good price break) people to order shirts. And say kick $5 back into the site. thats $180 that goes to FZ6 FORUM. not to "joes custom t-shirts" You still pay about the same amount, but money goes back into the forum.

And you have to remember, if you go through a site, you cant depend on "free shipping" they might ship it to ONE person free, but then that person has to ship it to everyone else, and that will cost ya. And then that leaves one person picking up the bill.

Up to you guys, i was just expressing an idea, if you guys wanna do something else, go for it. :thumbup:

I totally get what you're saying, that site is crazy expensive but from what's out there it gives the best design software I've seen to transfer the thoughts from my brain to a medium others can see, plus you can upload your own pictures. I was using it as reference cause we could figure out the design then just print it and show your tshirt guy so he knows what the forum members are expecting it to look like when they are made. I think its not only better to be able to contribute money back to the site but also help a smaller local business rather than pay a big online one too.:BLAA:

Is there anyway that we can incorporate the Yamaha tuning fork logo into the design or will we fall foul of the copyright/trade mark police.

This is a nice site for coming up with design and color ideas to use elsewhere. Thanks, Pastry Chef!! :D I like the first one, with the -forum.com in small letters underneath.
I am not a fan of black shirts, so I vote for the light grey or Yamaha Blue myself. (blue being my favorite).
I would by one or two.
This is a great idea Max RPMSs!!

Ok, just looked up some shipping prices. It will be about $5 to ship to anyone in the lower 48. And $15ish to ship to Aus or GB.

So some ROUGH.. very ROUGH prices... im thinking $18 per shirt gives $3 in the forum. And for $20 a shirt puts $5 in the forum. Which ever you guys like more. Then shipping costs as well.

Pretty much if you live in the lower 48. it should be about $23-$25 for one to be sitting on your front porch.

Sounds a little high, but i gotta pull $100 right out of my pocket to even make the screen up. $50 for the front and $50 for the back.

So lets decide if we want to pursue this... Im game if you are!! Remember winner of the design gets the FIRST printed shirt!! FREEEE!!

I can call my buddy this week and get them ordered if you guys are still game. :thumbup::rockon:

let's not be hasty here. I think the FZ6 should be the actual font used on the bike instead of times new roman or whatever. I love the clipart FZ6 but agree with MAXRyan that is looks crude as is.

I should have time tomorrow to play with it. I'll post my results.

I'll agree to anything - AS LONG AS THE OPTION RETURNS MONEY INTO THE FORUM.

Like you said, isn't that the whole point?

I'd rather pay a few dollars more for a decent quality t-shirt plus a donation to the forum, rather than a crappy quality shirt that goes out of shape as soon as you wash it. It's a way that we can all donate to this great forum.

I'm looking forward to it..... :D:D:D:D

Back