fz6 fazer temperature

romlin

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2004 fz6 fazer. When I am out on it riding the temperature is fine when I stop at the light or that it go’s up the gage. But the moment is start moving it came’s back down to normal. The fan kicks in when I think it should and were expansion chamber say about the same. Any one know what mite be up

Airhead

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
As long as your bike does not heat up to the point where the "H" over the digital coolant temperature meter starts to flash then your bike is operating within normal temperatures.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
It's just about the same with my 04. Does anyone know how many bars it should show on the gauge?

I get 2 bars during typical riding. Sometimes it will go to 3 bars while stopped at a light when the temp is in the 70's, but goes back down to 2 bars pretty quickly. Once I saw 4 bars while winding slowly thru some steep hilly roads for 20 mins.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine shows the temps in degrees so this may not be much help BUT I do know that even when everything is working fine there is a world of range on my temperature readings. I usually run somewhere between 165 - 172 degrees on the road. If I stop momentarily it can shoot up to as much as 212, (which is still okay), then it often comes back down slowly until it gets back down in the 170's range. Hope this helps or gives you some comfort. If your fan is running when it should and the thermostat isn't sticking I personally wouldn't worry about it.

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Sure seems like the hotter mine is the better it performs... I know if its not at least 140 degree's it seems a bit sluggish. On those really hot days when its close to the 200 mark it really seems to run like a scaled cat. :rockon:

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
The temperature being read is inside the intake box, so if you stop, that air inside gets quite hot. The second you pull away you're getting air through again, it should cool off quite fast.

I've only ever had 5 bars once, i was lanesplitting on a really hot day in a 5 lane highway. As soon as i got through the mess and got back to about 100km/h, she cooled again.

Even when i keep the revs high for a while, nothing more than 4, the fan comes on and she cools immediately.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The temperature being read is inside the intake box, so if you stop, that air inside gets quite hot. The second you pull away you're getting air through again, it should cool off quite fast.

I've only ever had 5 bars once, i was lanesplitting on a really hot day in a 5 lane highway. As soon as i got through the mess and got back to about 100km/h, she cooled again.

Even when i keep the revs high for a while, nothing more than 4, the fan comes on and she cools immediately.

I think he's referring to the water temp gauge, not the air box temp.

The fan turns off and on based on the water temp (separate sensor for that), not the air box temp. The ECU probably takes that temp into account when the engines running (setting mixtures/timing , etc).