FZ6 exhaust diameter?

AlexL

Shiny Side Up
Reaction score
Visit site
Can anyone tell me the exact OD or ID of the stock FZ6 exhaust pipe right before it connects to the stock muffler? My bike is in a garage a couple towns away and I am trying to find the answer without driving over with a measuring tape :)

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Can anyone tell me the exact OD or ID of the stock FZ6 exhaust pipe right before it connects to the stock muffler? My bike is in a garage a couple towns away and I am trying to find the answer without driving over with a measuring tape :)

OD = 1 9/16" or 40 mm for our International Friends :D

Dr.Landau

Reaction score
Visit site
This was good to know, thanks.

I am DISGUSTED by the price of aftermarket slip on's.

Im going to get the bend right, and mount a single can undertail.

Im serious, I will do it, damnit.

alkinoos

Reaction score
Visit site
fazerexhaust.jpg

The red part is the one who is atached right after the catalytic converter an the ID 45mm so you are gonna need 5-6cm of Φ48Χ1.5 inox tube. (OD 48 tube with 1.5mm tickness)

The green part is the one who is atached at the stock muffler and the OD is 45mm so you are gonna need 60-70 cm of Φ45Χ1.5 inox tube.

Note that the stock tubes has 1mm tickness and its a little bit difficult to find and buy tubes with 1mm tickness (not to mention that is quite difficult to weld them) so you are gonna have to buy tubes with 1.5mm tickness.
Believe me, it is much easier to work with them!

P.S My english sucks!!!! I hope you will understand what im trying to say!!!

alkinoos

Reaction score
Visit site
This was good to know, thanks.

I am DISGUSTED by the price of aftermarket slip on's.

Im going to get the bend right, and mount a single can undertail.

Im serious, I will do it, damnit.

You can buy a cherry bomb exhaust from the U.S and with some cheap pipework you can install one single can under your tail but i think that there is a much better way to do it!
The following days i will post a "how to" make your own cheap exhaust with total cost less than 300 U.S dollars.

Dr.Landau

Reaction score
Visit site
Alki,

I'm interested to hear/see your ideas, will follow you on this thread.

$300 is a good goal, Im thinking $100 or less.

alkinoos

Reaction score
Visit site
This is what i did for ultra low cheap exhaust.
I bought to cheap cans from ebay, i did some pipe work for myself and fitted them on my fz6.
It cost me more or less 200 euros (270 US dollars).
I'm preparing a new thread to show you with a lots of photos what i exactly did and what i have used for this.
My exhaust system is working fine and from my experience i can say that it is working much better than the remus or akrapovic or two brothers because my Y pipe it is far better designed and fabricated than any of these.

15122010031d.jpg

17122010043.jpg

TAPnTX

Reaction score
Visit site
Alki,

I'm interested to hear/see your ideas, will follow you on this thread.

$300 is a good goal, Im thinking $100 or less.

Here is an idea!!! I also own a Versys, and some time back a guy did his own exhaust using a Cherry bomb muffler. The Muffler was like $25 and actually sounded pretty nice. You could mount 2 of those and stop by a muffler shop and grab a Y pipe and some Flex to connect it all up. Should be able to do less than $100

Todd