FZ6 "El Cheapo" exhaust

Tailgun

Reaction score
Visit site
I posted this in the streetfighter section but it could apply to others who don't want to run their bikes naked.

I removed the undertail muffler and pipe and replaced the mid pipe cat with a 9" automotive glasspack. The result is a lighter weight exhaust system that is more centrally ballanced and sounds mean as hell. And best of all it only cost $40.

Here's the obligitory video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3lCt7yeqY4

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds good, i mean loud ;), but is that legal in NC? compared to LV, SS or TB, this one sounds louder than them(in the videos, i didn't see them on roads yet).

Tailgun

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds good, i mean loud ;), but is that legal in NC? compared to LV, SS or TB, this one sounds louder than them(in the videos, i didn't see them on roads yet).

Not sure about NC. I set my up to be compliant with TN law, which only requires that a bike have a muffler, no decible requirements.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd suggest you get it to exit outside of the chassis for your health and that of the bike.
Sitting at a light on a warm day the engines carbon monoxide might make you ill or possibly impaired...

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd suggest you get it to exit outside of the chassis for your health and that of the bike.
Sitting at a light on a warm day the engines carbon monoxide might make you ill or possibly impaired...

I agree with you, I was wondering, why he didn't made it as it is for fz6r 2015, behind the right leg or something similar.

Tailgun

Reaction score
Visit site
No worries on the carbon monoxide issue. The exhaust vents cleanly to the rear of the bike. You can feel the flow of exhaust when standing behind the bike. Its only a foot or so closer to the rider than the under belly exhaust on my previous bike. There isnt even enough exhaust trapped under the seat to heat up my legs while sitting still.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure about NC. I set my up to be compliant with TN law, which only requires that a bike have a muffler, no decible requirements.

7; Exhaust system in good working order.

No person shall drive a motor vehicle on a highway unless such motor vehicle is equipped with a muffler, or other exhaust system of the type installed at the time of manufacture, in good working order and in constant operation as to prevent excessive or unusual noise, annoying smoke and smoke screens.
It shall be unlawful to use a “muffler Cut-out” on any motor vehicle upon a highway.
No motor vehicle registered in this State that was manufactured after model year 1967 shall be operated in this State unless it is equipped with emissions control devices that were installed on the vehicle at the time the vehicle was manufactured and these devices are properly connected.
Comment: .Notice that there is no decibel level in North Carolina.
North Carolina Motorcycle Laws and Statutes | Motorcycle Law Group

Thats one private website, but sure, i would like to spend my time with other NC riders to learn more.

And on the other note, I went to a cop car, just to make sure about Lane Splitting in North Carolina, he said, NO lane splitting, else get http://www.600riders.com/forum/images/smilies/spank2.gif 'ed.

NC should ban cellphone driving for cagers and let the lane splitting act pass through.

I see so many cagers on the road completely dedicating their 1% brain capacity towards the phone leaving the road.
California started these two rules already, why not other states?
Share your experience.

Maybe i need to create a new thread or a poll for this..!

P.S. I don't say I don't use cellphone while driving, but I never text and drive, I call someone, put speaker ON and put it in my shirt pocket or use handsfree or ask Siri/Google maps for directions instead of typing.

Tailgun

Reaction score
Visit site
For me here in TN the law is a little different.

55-9-202. Mufflers -- Muffler cutouts prohibited -- Penalty.

(a) No person shall drive a motor vehicle on any road, street or highway unless the motor vehicle is equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise and annoying smoke.

(b) It is unlawful to use a "muffler cutout" on any motor vehicle upon any road, street or highway.

Tenn. Code Ann. § 55-9-202

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cages must pass at 94/95db or something like that here. Bikes are not checked as of this writing.

O/T: It matters not what laws are passed as both Oregon and Washington prohibit CELL PHONES while driving (blue tooth OK) yet its worse than drunk as teens and adults are playing on their STUPID PHONES instead of driving.

If 20 people miss the light, yep leader F'g off on phone.
If there is HUGE space between cars on the freeway - someone on their phone sending a txt or some other BS..... yada yada yada I could go on.

Deploy a paintball marking system to the public. After your car is shot 3 times you get a ticket. RED for drinking. Black for Phone Use. Blue for being :Flip: @ss???? lol