FZ6 Cup racing

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, went to the Australian Superbikes Round in my home state of Tasmania on the weekend. Lucky enough to see the the FZ6 cup. They were around 6 seconds a lap slower than the superbikes which I thought was pretty good and only 3 seconds a lap slower than the 600's. The most surprising part was this one guy Beau McKenzie decided to race his FZ6 in the Naked and Pro Twins Cup races and finished a very respectable 2nd outright and 1st naked in the first race which was quite wet. This meant that he bet Ducati 1098's, MV Augusta's, Bennelli TNT's etc etc. Awesome effort considering he wasn't far off the leading guy on a Ducati 1098 too.

In the second race which was dry I believe he came 3rd or 4th but 1st of the Nakeds again.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just goes to show, put an FZ6 in the right hands, and they are an awesome bike. Have been keeping an eye on Beau McKenzie, since i saw him race at Mallala earlier this year, this kids got talent, he is going to be a star one day i reckon.

:Flash:

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes thats right, Symmons Plains. They got around the hairpin ok in all categories although when it was raining they had trouble everywhere. One guy on a CBR 1000 in the superbikes rode straight on at the hairpin and managed to get back on, he was dead last after leading the race and ended up fighting his way back to 6th. Awesome rider, he was powersliding the bike around the last corner and half way up the straight.

As for Beau McKenzie he was good and has a future in other classes I would suggest but as far as the FZ6 Cup goes the rider with the most talent was Amy O'Mara. Looked fantastic in leathers too.