Fz6 Crash And Now Faring are just not Right

RGuinn829

Reaction score
Visit site
So after A small Crash I now have a issues with my inter Faring not fiting correctly and the right faring looks way to close to the gas tank. Please take a look at the photo's and see you know what i need to fix / replace to solve this issues.

RGuinn829

Reaction score
Visit site
I am new so sorry to ask but is that something I can just bend back and if so can some post the measurements of theirs.

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
The naked guys are going to be all over this! Their bikes are naked, not them. We hope, Ok I can't guarantee anything at this point but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt! :BLAA:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am new so sorry to ask but is that something I can just bend back and if so can some post the measurements of theirs.

I would think if it's just tweaked you might tweak it back in the direction it needs to go but there's no guarantee it will be right. You'll need to observe the amount it needs to go to be even. It may be bent to one side and twisted. You'll have to remove the plastics etc.
It may be more economically feasible to just get a new fairing stay..

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
did you change the actual bracket that holds the fairing to the frame on the sides? (pic 2). that s the first thing to bend in a fall since its not very strong. try to bend it further out and see if it solves your problem. the fairing stay may be bent but this is much cheaper to fix/replace so start with the cheaper things and then there s nothing much left to replace except the fairing stay if this does not work

a good us site is ronayers.com for parts

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think its is the stay as i was looking more at the lights today and one is pop out more then the other

You may have more damage than is visible right now. I would disassemble the parts, inspect and then order parts if needed...

acniss

Reaction score
Visit site
I the same thing. my front fairing looked like a dog with its head tilted to one side. It was off by INCHES, I bent mine back to almost factory. So it is possible. I think the stayes are in the 300 area range for parts. Just to let you know.

RGuinn829

Reaction score
Visit site
I the same thing. my front fairing looked like a dog with its head tilted to one side. It was off by INCHES, I bent mine back to almost factory. So it is possible. I think the stayes are in the 300 area range for parts. Just to let you know.

Ya I will Try to shape it back but if i can't the nice fellow here gave me a GREAT link to have Ronayers.com Microfiche Yamaha>Motorcycle>2008>FZ6>COWLING 1

Fairing Stay = 130.00 and the right inter fairing is also listed for 30.00. both parts i may need to replace.

But I learned from it as it was only my second time on this bike and I had to put the bike down or hit a car. lol

Thanks For All The Tips and Help Everyone. I keep you updated if I find more info.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You may have more damage than is visible right now. I would disassemble the parts, inspect and then order parts if needed...

+1 one on this advice. The previous owner told me he "dropped" the bike in the driveway and also had a less than 5 mph crash slide. There was some road rash and cracks on the fairing. I didn't know the full extent of the damage until I finally took it apart. The headlight had many broken or cracked mounting points.

Take the whole front end off before you order any parts. It will save you some time in the long run.

RGuinn829

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a spare right inner fairing if you end up needing it just let me know you just have to pay for shipping

As a Newbie this support has been great and makes me glad to be a bike owner.

Attached are photos of the inter faring that has to be replaced and i will be taking him up on the offer.