FZ6 "Black project"! Now with Spy Video!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Quick update!

New Radial front brake master cylinder, and matching clutch lever are on their way...

a few more titanium bolts.

a new set of indicators for the rear of the bike.

A Dynojet powershifter is also on order, but i dont expect that to arrive till the new year!

Also have ordered a set of new Carbon Fibre engine covers

and on Tuesday i put the Dunlop GP09 Superstock cup tyres back on the bike...stickier than sticky, you can ride up walls on these tyres!

Also i get the headlight unit surround & the bellypan back from the paint shop tomorrow, as they needed repair thanks to a drunken pedestrian!!!

Bike is in comfort mode for the moment, with a set of Carbon fibre fat bars, on a set of Gaass! Special Parts Big Bar risers...

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Update....

New Radial front brake master cylinder, and matching clutch lever: Installed!

a few more titanium bolts: Installed, rear sprocket nuts.

a new set of indicators for the rear of the bike: Installed.

A Dynojet powershifter is also on order, but i dont expect that to arrive till the new year! Arrived today! Woohoo!

Also have ordered a set of new Carbon Fibre engine covers: Installed!

Also i get the headlight unit surround & the bellypan back from the paint shop tomorrow, as they needed repair thanks to a drunken pedestrian!!!: Refitted!

Bike is in comfort mode for the moment, with a set of Carbon fibre fat bars, on a set of Gaass! Special Parts Big Bar risers: Clip-ons now back on the bike!

Have also installed new rearset back set plates, put genuine Valtermoto CF heal guards on my existing Valtermoto Rearsets, and put on a new set of Valtermoto pegs.

And i got new extended frame sliders....4 inch's long!

:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Ozzieboy & Myself finished a 4 day detail last night...this morning!

Removed back wheel, and gave it a thorough re-polish = 3.5 hours!

removed rear brake caliper mount & polished it = 2 hours!

polished chain adjuster blocks, axle nut, axle end, and washer, re-lubed, reinstalled with rear wheel. = 20 minutes!

Removed rear brake disc, polished rear brake disc nuts, replace = 30 minutes!

Exchanged red Vortex 46 tooth rear sprocket, with Gold GYTR 46 tooth rear sprocket, polished titanium sprocket nuts, and both sides of gold RK X-ring chain = 45 minutes.

removed left hand rearset, cleaned & polished, polished gear selector arm, gear shift peg, and gear shift selector shaft pivot = 2 hour's!

removed seat & tank, tidied up all the wiring, clean up under seat & tank with cloth & inox., replace seat & tank = 25 minutes!

remove front wheel, re- polish = 3 hours!

remove front brake disc's, clean, polish disc carrier nuts, de-rust area around disc carrier bolts, polish outer disc sidewall = 3 hours!

remove axle, fork & frame sliders, polish sliders, polish frame slider spacers, all mounting bolts, replace = 1.5 hours!

Remove exhaust end cap's, polish powdercoating, replace end cap bolts with new stainless fasteners = 30 minutes.

Polish titanium exhaust end cans = 20 minutes.

General bolt tidy up, remove dull bolts, polish, including side stand bolts, horn mount bolts, etc, etc....

clean & protect frame with Inox = 30 minutes.

Remove Faux rear mudgauard, license plate "roll up" for photo shoot purposes = 10 minutes.

Paint Clean, Scratch clean up, Polish & wax seat unit, tank, headlight unit, bellypan, CF tank protector, CF front mudguard, CF rear fender, CF rearset shin plates, CF engine guard = 45 minutes.

There is still a little bit of polishing left to do, So Mikey & me have just a few hours work left on the grinder, the drill, and polishing by hand, before we are completely done....but right now the bike positively POPS!

All this has been done since thursday, in preparation for a motorcycle magazine feature shoot...bike will go to paint shop this week, for a full polish, tidy up of minute paint inperfections, and to have front brake disc carriers painted gold in preparation for photo shoot.

New Tyres to go on this week, in preparation for photo shoot...then tyres need to be "scrubbed in" properly, to make sure the bike looks as it normally does....used!!!! :D

Oh, i will take a few photo's of how the bike is looking, when the sun comes out....will post!

:rockon:

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't wait to see the pictures... Now only if I could get a copy of that magazine when it comes out...

droolinghomer.png

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
excellent looking!

where did you order the engine covers from?

The right side is a Woodcraft item, and came with the FZ6 Cup bike i bought, and the left hand side is a Carbon fibre unit i bought off E-bay, from Germany...

:thumbup: