FZ6 - Best Bike

xnay

Reaction score
Visit site
My baby is in the shop right now after I was hit by a taxi on the way to work last week. Yesterday was I holiday so I got a loaner from the shop and went on a day trip with some buddies. It was a nice mix of high speed highways and twisties, and even sicker mountain switchbacks. The shop only has sport bikes, so I ended up with a CBR1000. That was my first go on that bike and although the speed and cornering were great, the ergonomics and feel of the bike were lacking. The bike is set up pretty stiff and it is a rental, so it's been ridden hard by various people. After a day of riding, my wrist, back, and knees were killing.

Part way through the trip, I traded bikes with my buddy so he could have a go on it. He also said it was a pretty uncompromising beast. I rode his Aprilla Shiver (naked bike) and I had forgotten how upright the seating style is on that bike. It's like riding a horse with a western saddle.

Needless to say, I think the FZ6 strikes the perfect balance between a cruiser and a full-on sport bike. And, even when compared to other naked bikes, I think it superior. Maybe I'm a bit jaded or playing favorites because it's the girl I know. Regardless, I stand by my judgment. I can't wait to get her back.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Ditto. I totally agree with you man. As I've said before, I looked for two years before I discovered the Fazer. It was everything that I was looking for in a bike, INCLUDING COMFORT!

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ s something few other bikes are these day, a good all arounder. It will tour well, but not like a Gold Wing. It will hit the Twisties well, but not like an R6. It will do track days well, but not like an R1. It will commute/around town well, but not like a Vespa (LOL). About the only thing I can think of that it won't do well is dirt.

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually had a buddy bring his FZ to the Santa Barbara Hot Springs and the last 45 minutes is twisty dirt roads he somehow managed it. I know I would never have even considered it