FZ6 2005 - 3700 miles - 4900 USD

drider

Reaction score
Visit site
Blue FZ6 - 3700 miles for sale at a dealer. Sorry if this is a thread in a wrong section; but I need a response asap.
I checked the bike yesterday and it looks in very good condition. It has like-new tires (installed by the dealer) and has been serviced. Dealer claims the previous owner bought this bike from the same dealership and he has done all the oil changes etc.
Price quoted is 4900 USD. I have given him some token money which is refundable.
Based on some of the prices on this website I get a feeling I am overpaying. I am an amatuer to all this. Any guidance will be extremely useful. I would appreciate your help.

Also, he is selling me a 2 year warranty on this bike for 490 USD. Do you guyz think its too much? Is it that important to get a warranty? I plan to sell this bike in a year or two. Would a warranty matter in that case? Please advise. Thanks.

shamrocker

Reaction score
joshisingreenville.blogspot.com
Based on all of the research I have been doing, $4900 is way too high. All of the mint 2007 bikes I have found are priced at less than that. KBB says $4555 is the approximate retail value. It sounds like a nice bike, however, and the extra warranty might be helpful since it's more than a few years old :)

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Hmmm... The Kelley Blue Book web site lists this bike at around $4,555. The bike has pretty low miles for an '05 model, but I'm definitely thinking that the price is too high. Last May, I purchased an '06 FZ6 from a dealer who wanted somewhere around $5,200 for it. I got them to give it to me for $4,900 out the door. I'd say that you should try to get them down to around $4,200-4,400 out the door (meaning tax, title, and other fees included in the price).

Just my two cents worth.

drider

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guyz. I am also looking at another bike. 2005 FZ6 3200 miles, private party selling it to me for 4500. Maybe I can have some negotiating power in that case. This bike also has warranty for 1.5 more years. I will think about it now. Thanks for your help.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the private party deal better. Offer 3,800 CASH on the spot,(I don't think a 05 is worth any more) while explaining things are tough in this economy and there are plenty of FZ6's out there. The warranty is nice when buying a 4 year old bike from a private party.

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
What red wazp said. In 07 I walked with my brand new 07 for 6k. I would not pay over 4k for an 05, and in the 3500 range you will be getting a deal.

Good luck with your FZ search.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my 06 with $1,500 worth of mods at a dealership for $4,200. 3 year warranty was only a few hundred more.
People like to oversell low milage. 3,700 miles doesn't mean it's any better or is going to last any longer than one with 15,000 miles.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Agree with above comments. I would personally not pay more than $4k for an '05. I paid $6600 OTD for my brand new '08 back in April. Check out the '07 models too - they are different and you may like them a little better.

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my 05 last year and the price the dealer had on it was the same. I was able to negociate down to $4500 but thats the cheapest i could find one at the time.