FZ1 front fairing on the FZ6, can it be done?

trougnouf

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I need to get a front fairing (light wind shield and all the plastic that comes on an OEM FZ6), the naked style is suicide on long trips.
Did anybody try using another bike's fairing?
I have a 2005 FZ6 and I thought about using the 2007+ as they look a lot better, but I might as well get something completely different if I am spending that much money anyway.
Does anyone know if the front fairing of the FZ1 fits the same way? or any other bike? Was it ever done?
Thank you,
Benoit

The 07+ stuff can be swapped onto an 04-06 bike, someone here did it, I think it was Crazybiker. Regarding other fairings, anything can be done if you are creative enough. I doubt it will bolt on though. I picked up a Buell XB12R fairing last year that I was thinking about putting on but I ended up being lazy and it now sits on my shelf.:spank:

If you visit Yamahas parts catalog and look at the Cowling stay and frame design of both bikes you will see very little similarity in the mounting: My Yamaha Prompt - Parts Catalog

However, if you can figure out how to mount the FZ1 Cowling stay to the FZ6 frame, then the Cowling itself should mount right up, then you have to consider alignment for aesthetics as well as instrument cluster mounting...:confused:

Back