Fz1 Bars (08 FZ6)

bl4ck7

Reaction score
Visit site
Well first off I suppose I should start by saying I have been lurking around this forum for months now lol. Reading countless threads about so many mods.. Done a few myself also.. But next Friday when I get my bonus from work, I plain to order a FZ1 Bar for my 08 FZ6. I like the aggressive stance they put you in over the stock bars.

My main question is, is it some then someone with basic knowledge of how a motorcycle works can do or is it some then I should get the deal to install. So far me and my friend have installed flush mount turn signals, painted exhaust/Radiator covers, fender delete, and the air box mod. I have done a few searches for a how to on the fz1 bar but all I have come up on is that you need to bleed the breaks. (which tbh I have no knowledge of doing on a bike.. done it once on my old mustang.. lol >.>)

What I am trying to get at is, I would like a step guide if possible or a link to one if there already is one. Also besides the bars, Do I also need to buy new grips or anything I may be over looking? I plain to buy the bars side plastics and maybe a integrated tail light. All of that really depends on what I need to do the bar mod.. because so far the bar itself is like 40 bucks shipped from my local dealer for a Fz1 bar from 08 (Guessing I need an 08 bar.. or does it really matter?)

Thanks for any info you guys can give ahead of time!

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
If there's no step by step on the site it's 'cause it's so dang easy. You can either cut the grips off and replace or blow them off with compressed air and put them back on. Use hairspray or something else kinda sticky to put them back on. The ONLY trick is that you'll need to drill a small hole to accomodate a mounting tab on something (I forget what - maybe brake fluid?). I'm a mechanical moron and had no trouble at all. (I'd never even consider attemting the airbox mod!)

BTW, my guess is you'll absolutely LOVE it. Changes looks, handling, everything. Great mod.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If I remember right, only the colors vary by years. 2006 is black and the 2008 I have is a gunmetal color, and I don't know what 2007 is.

bl4ck7

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry ahead of time for the bad pictures.. the blackberry is horrible for photos >.<

After we painted my exhaust.

l_50a6fe64c6c44d64b57c97b3ed63a251.jpg

Shortly after I got the bike.. Already had painted the windscreen and Fender Delete.

l_76fee72eea42133440c5c9b67a0d30eb.jpg

Last but not least.. Flush mount signals and painted windscreen

l_45af472e63b14ac98f9f87d044221e65.jpg

I have had it since Feb. of this year. Up too 7000 miles :D its is a very fun bike.. I just recently got moved to full-time at my job from part time.. so that's my excuse for lack of mods ha ha. Hopefully I can knock out the few things I listed above in a week or so and start saving for my Exhaust. :thumbup:

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried the FZ1 bar but didn't like it that much, personally. But others obviously do! Will send you my lightly scratched (from install - under the grips/clamps so you wouldn't see it) gunmetal fz1 bar for $20 + shipping. :thumbup:

REZN8R

Enlarged Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did the FZ1 bar install too. It's a more natural hand position for larger riders. Just be sure you check the clearance between the controls and the tank before tightening everything up.