• Welcome to the Yamaha FZ6 Forums. Member registration disables ads and allows you to post and share. Register Here.

Fumoto oil drain

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
12,925
Reaction score
1,730
Points
113
Location
Cape Coral, Florida, USA
Visit site
I'm looking at installing a Fumoto oil drain mechanism:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HP5V092/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1



My only concern is with old oil draining from the oil filter, road debris getting in the mechanism , (later causing leakin/jambing, etc)..

Has anyone used one and had any issues with leaks from road debris / use of brake cleaner on the unit for cleaning it(if needed)?

Thanks ahead of time...



BTW, S2 speedometer clusters ARE STILL going to be available from Yamaha.
They should be in the US, from Japan in mid Novemeber 2026.


.
 
I'm looking at installing a Fumoto oil drain mechanism:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HP5V092/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1



My only concern is with old oil draining from the oil filter, road debris getting in the mechanism , (later causing leakin/jambing, etc)..

Has anyone used one and had any issues with leaks from road debris / use of brake cleaner on the unit for cleaning it(if needed)?

Thanks ahead of time...



BTW, S2 speedometer clusters ARE STILL going to be available from Yamaha.
They should be in the US, from Japan in mid Novemeber 2026.


.
I put 1 on years ago and it is terrific. Just make sure you get the adjustable one, which this is. After many miles and many oil changes, it has never leaked or otherwise misbehaved. As a side benefit, I remember one oil change many years ago where I overfilled the crankcase. I just opened the valve and drained the oil level down to the correct level.
 
I have quick values on everything I own that require an oil change - every car, bike and even my tractor. Not only are oil changes faster, they are cleaner. Be sure to get the hose adaptors that allow you to drain the oil directly into a container. The black valve clip/locks works extremely well to prevent accidential opening. In fact, if I lost one of those (which I haven't) I'd be sure to replace it.
 
Back
Top