Full Set of Gear

Bnewcomb

Reaction score
Visit site
I just purchased my first street bike after dirt biking for about 8 years. I bought a 2009 FZ6R.

I live in Northern California where summers are 95-110 so I am trying to find a jacket that I can live with while riding in those temperatures but still be able to use as 3 seasons (leather vs textile?)

I have a helmet and pair of gloves for now that came along with the bike but they are a bit big. My car was backed into by my neighbor. Long story short I cashed out and I am putting around 700 dollars of that money towards a helmet, gloves, jacket, and maybe boots and pants.

I would like a jacket that offers a good amount of protection and am willing to be a little warmer for the safety. I am normally pretty cheap, but do not like to skimp out on safety gear so I am willing to push budget for the right deal.

This will be by main commuter except for bad weather, groceries, etc. So I am not worried about waterproof gear.

Gloves: Sp-2, Sp-1, Sp-x

Helmet: HJC IS-16 Specter Helmet

Jacket:?

Pants:?

Boots:?

Thanks and look forward to getting lots of advice and enjoying this community.

Ben

Nick329

Reaction score
Visit site
I have this one for my NY summer riding, it gets pretty hot here too.
You can make it waterproof and add a layer for little colder days.

Textile Jackets Tour Master Intake Air 2 Jacket - White/Dark Silver | Helmet City

I too have this jacket and love it. Check around for the best price. I got mine last year from Motorcycle Helmets, Motorcycle Jackets & Other Motorcycle Gear at Compacc.com for $160. A week later my local Cycle Gear had them on clearance for $130.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been riding for 2 years now. When I started I bought what I thought I'd need, but over the intervening 2 years, as I have riden I have replaced everything except my helmet.

Jacket - Joe Rocket Phoenix 5-> Olympia AirGlide II
Gloves - Joe Rocket Atomic -> Held Air Streams (summer)/Warm n' Dry (Winter)
Boots - Icon Super Duty 3 -> Dianese Fulcrum
Pants - Jeans :) -> Olympia Airglide 3/Draggin' Jeans
Helmet - Shoei X11 (Can't beat it, Still have it, Won't change it).

When I took my MSF the instructor told me that I shouldn't look at my bike as "My Bike", but to look at it as "My FIRST Bike". It appears the same works for gear !!

Also I have managed to recoup most of my original expenditure by selling my lightly used original gear on the second hand market.

Check the clearance section of these guys for some real bargains. Sign up for their email/facebook specials

MotorcycleGear.com
Competition Accessories

Last edited: