Fuel Tank Vacum @##$%&

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
To my surprise recently I pulled inot fule up and the tank would not open! through process of elimination it has been determined that the fuel tank is pulling a strong vacum and not venting therefore holding the cap down. The dealer is saying there is 1 way valve thta may be faulty. I ahve the warratny but do not want to lose 1-2 days of spring like weather here if there is an easy fis. Anyone else had this?? Was there an easy fix?
Thasnks.

Whooo Whoo....Deals Gap is COMING!!!!

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode mine like that for a year before I was fueling up on an FZ6-forum group ride and realized I was the only one struggling to open my tank. Look at the hoses down bt the center stand, likely one is higher up than the others. You can lift the tank and pull on the hose, it will likely come down a bit, problem solved in 5-10 minutes, not 1-2 days.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you lift the front of your tank some you can look in and see the two vent lines (2 on my 07) coming from the upper, outter sides of the gas tank. They may be kinked causing the blockage. If clogged, blow out with an air compressor or some carb cleaner. Its not a major project....